Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Need some Ideas ladies!!

1. Regular Member

Need some Ideas ladies!!

Advertisements
    I have been stalking this section for a bit now and I am still stumped!! SH is in the Navy and we don't really get a lot of restrictions of what we can put in the care packages we send! Well now he is IA with the Army and has to follow their rules of what can and can't be sent! I know he had mentioned in the past that the Army is a lot stricter about what you can send them (well what is approved and not approved!) He is in Afghanistan and I need some ideas of what to put in these boxes! This first one has just books and his gaming magazine as well as some shaving cream and random non-chocolate candy! Of course some pictures our DD colored and a couple of letters and photographs of the girls and I! I just am stumped and wanna make the next box more fun and awesome! Something he can say wow this is the best!!! Please help me!!!
    Last edited by Twinderella; 07-13-2009 at 05:58 PM. Reason: opsec
    Keri

"No matter what your opinion is of our military, it is because of those who have served and are serving that you are even allowed to have an opinion and still live to see the light of day." ~Emily, proud U.S. Navy Wife and former Army brat
  2. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Nope, specific location isn't allowed -- please edit it out for OPSEC.

Hmm, does he have any favorite snacks you can send him? Beef jerky is always popular. So are random goofy things from the dollar store or the dollar section in target. Never hurts to ask him if there's something specific he wants, either.
    Keep on keeping on.

3. "Ohh, it's what you do to me..."
    "Ohh, it's what you do to me..."
    DB said his favorite thing I included was some pictures and letters. I stole a couple ideas from websites and this forum, lol. I got seven envelopes and labeled one "read when you're alone on Monday", another one "read when you're alone on Tuesday"... and so on. I put a little letter in each for him to read every day of the week. I thought it was corny, but he said he LOVED it!! Also, i bought a pillow case and sprayed it with my perfume, and then put it in a bag. He pulled it out and said it smelled just like me and he sleeps with it every night now!

I went to Google and searched "care package ideas" and there were quite a few websites that came up. He likes getting all the corny things because they're thoughtful.

Oh, and in the first care package I sent, I included a multi-pack of his fav deodorant. He said he LOVED that too, because he goes through quite a bit of it.
    after a year in the desert...
    he's HOME with me!
  4. "Ohh, it's what you do to me..."
    "Ohh, it's what you do to me..."
    DB said his favorite thing I included was some pictures and letters. I stole a couple ideas from websites and this forum, lol. I got seven envelopes and labeled one "read when you're alone on Monday", another one "read when you're alone on Tuesday"... and so on. I put a little letter in each for him to read every day of the week. I thought it was corny, but he said he LOVED it!! Also, i bought a pillow case and sprayed it with my perfume, and then put it in a bag. He pulled it out and said it smelled just like me and he sleeps with it every night now!

I went to Google and searched "care package ideas" and there were quite a few websites that came up. He likes getting all the corny things because they're thoughtful.

Oh, and in the first care package I sent, I included a multi-pack of his fav deodorant. He said he LOVED that too, because he goes through quite a bit of it.
    after a year in the desert...
    he's HOME with me!