Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Help me with my first care package!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Help me with my first care package!

Advertisements
    Alright, ladies. SO is heading for mob in less than a week, which means he'll be heading to Afghanistan shortly after. As soon as he's out the door, I'll be rippin' out my flat rate boxes, art supplies and creativity! I think I'm a little for looking forward to care packages so much. But I know how much these mean to him, so I'm really excited.

My first care package idea is "Home Sweet Chicago". I need some ideas! I want to get a print out of the downtown skyline for him and I'm going to throw in stationary, envelopes, etc. for writing home to Chicago and I've been writing in a notebook since we've started getting ready for this deployment (with all the trainings and whatnot) for a few months that I want to send off. I was thinkin' some Cubs & Bears paraphenelia - but what? Help me out, ladies!
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    What about some "gummy" hotdogs? I've seen them in candy stores.. Mini packets of relish, mustard and stuff that goes on Chicago dogs? You could send him an empty jar (say babyfood size) and print out a label saying it's wind from the "windy city"... A local newspaper...

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Pizza flavored things like Combos or Pringles.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Maybe make up a story of a day in the city with the two of you and go around to all the places you would go in the story and take pictures. Maybe get one item from each thing you did and put it in the box. Ex. We woke up (take a picture of bed & send him a pillowcase) then we made breakfast (take pictures of you cooking/eating breakfast and send him some mini boxes of cereal, poptarts, etc.) we walked through the park (take pictures of the park and send him leaves or something from there) then you went out to lunch (send him a menu from a fav restaurant and take pictures) and just keep that going throughout the day.

Also send him extras like the other ladies said
  5. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Check in the care packages section -- there's way more info in there than I dreamed possible!
    Keep on keeping on.

6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by MEGAN JO View Post
    Maybe make up a story of a day in the city with the two of you and go around to all the places you would go in the story and take pictures. Maybe get one item from each thing you did and put it in the box. Ex. We woke up (take a picture of bed & send him a pillowcase) then we made breakfast (take pictures of you cooking/eating breakfast and send him some mini boxes of cereal, poptarts, etc.) we walked through the park (take pictures of the park and send him leaves or something from there) then you went out to lunch (send him a menu from a fav restaurant and take pictures) and just keep that going throughout the day.

Also send him extras like the other ladies said
    Brilliant!