Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help for a b-day package

1. baller
    baller

help for a b-day package

Advertisements
    So Mike's birthday is July 14 and I want to send him a crazy fun package. So far Rose and I have cut out pictures of cupcakes and candles to stick on the box but what the HELL can I put in the damn thing. I'm not going to put anything useful in it, mainly because I'm sending 3 today that are loaded with things he needs. Never mind the fact that I'm broke. So does anyone have any ideas for what I can put in it? And where the hell is that cake in a jar thread?! I NEED TO DO THAT!

Thanks Cheekas!
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Don't do cake in a jar love. They don't recommend it anymore because sometimes it doesn't cook all the way through and they will get sick I sent KC cupcakes when he was in Iraq. I vacuum sealed them and obviously sent the icing on the side. Let me think
  3. Senior Member
    I put in things in the number of his birthday....24 candies 24 love notes you get the idea. I did the cake in a jar thing and Jake LOVED it! Here is the site I used...
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cake-in-a-Jar/Detail.aspx
    Just make sure the jars are sealed before you pack them! The dimple in the top (like on baby food) should not move at all.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug* View Post
    Don't do cake in a jar love. They don't recommend it anymore because sometimes it doesn't cook all the way through and they will get sick I sent KC cupcakes when he was in Iraq. I vacuum sealed them and obviously sent the icing on the side. Let me think
    Really? I didn't know that! I used a tooth pick to make sure they were cooked. Course I used smaller jars...the store by me only had half pint size so maybe that helped.
  5. Tough times don't last....but tough people do.
    Tough times don't last....but tough people do.
    Cake Balls

You could also always do these....and vacuum seal them. That might be good too?

Just get some crazy stuff at the dollar store, streamers, balloons, stuff he might need. Make him some CDs maybe some sexxay pictures, maybe some favorite movies, magazines etc?

Gettin hype for my wild Single-Girl's weekend with BuckeyeAGF!!
  6. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I have no ideas because I'm awful at care packages, but my brother's name is Mike and his birthday is July 14th. DUN DUN DUN.

7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Last edited by Volare.; 12-05-2011 at 01:02 PM.
  8. baller
    baller
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1449 View Post
    Cake Balls

You could also always do these....and vacuum seal them. That might be good too?

Just get some crazy stuff at the dollar store, streamers, balloons, stuff he might need. Make him some CDs maybe some sexxay pictures, maybe some favorite movies, magazines etc?
    We're not together.

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I have no ideas because I'm awful at care packages, but my brother's name is Mike and his birthday is July 14th. DUN DUN DUN.
    OOOOOOHHHHH Creepy!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyboysGirl View Post
    you could do like a "kid themed party" in a box. Since his birthday is in july, maybe summer theme? mini-squirt guns, candy, water balloons, lemonade packets for water, streamers on the inside of the box etc. Go to the dollar store, I'm sure they have a whole section of summer stuff now! I've used Orientaltrading.com too!
    DEF sending him mini water guns!!!!!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    a whoopie cushion, silly putty, instead of sexy pics do really goofy pics, load the box down with confetti and birthday streamers, mini water guns, little nerf footballs, bubbles, party hats with the noise makers. and of course a birthday card.. probably those ones with the little bunnies that talk and sing that are pink and green. lol
  10. Missing My Soldier
    Missing My Soldier
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 4n6chick View Post
    I put in things in the number of his birthday....24 candies 24 love notes you get the idea. I did the cake in a jar thing and Jake LOVED it! Here is the site I used...
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Cake-in-a-Jar/Detail.aspx
    Just make sure the jars are sealed before you pack them! The dimple in the top (like on baby food) should not move at all.
    I did something similar to this...I bought the colorful note cards and wrote a funny, romantic, or kinky memory that we had (one on each card) and I sealed them individually in small envelopes that way he could open one on a bad day (although he opened all 50 of the in ONE WEEK!...he said he could wait to read them all! ) but that is a cheap and really easy/funny idea to do...I sent rice crispy treats instead of a cake because db likes them better so maybe instead of the cake in a jar, send his favorite dessert (if possible)...and then maybe just a bunch of junk food if he likes it? I'll keep thinking!
    (
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast