Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tattoo guns?

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

Question Tattoo guns?

Advertisements
    Wasn't real sure where to put this but I figured I would try here. Dh's birthday is the month after he deploys and I want to totally surprise him and send him a tattoo gun with like a whole tattoo starter kit (he wants to start tattooing). Problem is I don't know if they are allowed to have them over there. I would ask him but I want it to be a total surprise, if nobody knows I can always ask his team leader but I'd rather not risk anyone spoiling it

Sooo if anyone has any idea could you help me out? This would be like the best birthday present ever. And don't worry he can get pig skin or something to practice on so his whole unit doesn't come back with shitty tattoos
  2. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    it sounds like an awesome idea for a present, but honestly - i would totally wait till he's home. i have NO idea if they can even have something like this/if you're allowed to send it.

but to do tattoos... you'd have to send SO MUCH stuff, i know that my DB doesn't have any kind of personal storage space at all right now. i have no idea where your DH could keep ink, gloves, paper towels, a&d, needles, biohazard, etc etc etc.

rad idea... just bad timing maybe? sorry if i am bursting your bubble!
  3. Senior Member
    I'm not sure if they are allowed or not, but my biggest concern would be his power supply. DB only has 220v power in his CHU. He can get 110v in the hangar, but I know not everyone is aviation, so, I'd be worried about that.
  4. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    I think that's an awesome idea...we actually have a tattoo kit/two tattoo guns sitting around..i'm not sure about sending it, i'm not good with that stuff

but if you're able to or even when you get it, if you need anything extra, gun, ink, needles anything let me know we have extra needles and stuff and...we dont use them
  5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    I donno if we're "allowed" to send stuff like that, but my DH is currently in Afganistan, and he wants me to send his to sell to one of the guys in his unit.
  6. Senior Member
    Looking online, I believe it was illegal for tattoos under Saddam's regime and under strict Islamic law (same as with Orthodox Judaism). I couldn't find anything that specifically stated that you can't send them, but I'm not sure I'd take the risk either.
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LovingMyAirman22 View Post
    I think that's an awesome idea...we actually have a tattoo kit/two tattoo guns sitting around..i'm not sure about sending it, i'm not good with that stuff

but if you're able to or even when you get it, if you need anything extra, gun, ink, needles anything let me know we have extra needles and stuff and...we dont use them
    If I wake up with Jennay tattoo'd on my ass next month I'm going to beat you

be cool.
  8. Banned
    Banned
    Something like that I would wait till he gets home, one if the stuff gets messed up while shipping, and two depending on where he is and what he is doing he might not have a whole lot of time to just sit around and practice tattooing.
  9. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Well i think most of the girls covered anything I would be concerned with (power supply, space, materials needed, and make sure to insure it when u ship). Not sure if u can send it or not either but Im sure some army buddies wouldn't mind volunteering to be a tattoo dummy for him to practice on hehe I think thats an awesome idea I hope u can get it all to work out :-)
  10. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Mark's. View Post
    If I wake up with Jennay tattoo'd on my ass next month I'm going to beat you
    you know you'd love it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast