Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Send Brownies?

1. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...

Help Ever Send Brownies?

Advertisements
    Have you ever sent brownies overseas??? If so how did you pack em. DF's best friend is over seas and is BEGGING me for some brownies.... I guess I'll have to make him some home cooked goodies, I just know know how to ship em!

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  2. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    hey wifey i usually send brownies or cookies but i pack them all the same first i seran wrap and then foil and then i put them in like gladware containers he says they all get there a-okay hopefully this helps
  3. Doin' It All On My Own...
    Doin' It All On My Own...
    sweeet! Thats a great idea! I was thinking about putting em in a cookie jar, but I don't want them to dry out. Maybe ill just cut them into BIG pieces so that it doesn't get dry...hmmm thanks
  4. Member
    Jacksonville, NC/ MCAS New River... Him Iraq
    I send brownies all the time. I either cut them and saran wrap them or put a couple in the little zip-lock baggies (That way they're like little individual snacks), then in gladware to keep them extra fresh and intact. So far they've been great once they get there!
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    When DH was in Iraq and things would get to him under 2 weeks I would just make box brownies and vacuum seal them. Before he left the other day it was taking things about a month to get to him so I started to use the "desert safe brownie" mix. You can google and find it. I also vacuum seal those. I can't do them anymore because I don't know how long things are taking to get there.
  6. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Saran wrap two together, then put them in a storage bag, then storage bag that too!
    Keep on keeping on.

7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug* View Post
    When DH was in Iraq and things would get to him under 2 weeks I would just make box brownies and vacuum seal them. Before he left the other day it was taking things about a month to get to him so I started to use the "desert safe brownie" mix. You can google and find it. I also vacuum seal those. I can't do them anymore because I don't know how long things are taking to get there.

Vacuum sealing seems to work fine on brownies. I just threw the vacuum sealed bag in with some other goodies I was sending him and they got there fine. They were cut up into little brownie bites, in case he wanted to share, each "one" was just a mouthful and he could smuggle the rest into hiding.
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    For the cookies I sent db I seran wrapped, then tinfoiled then put in tupperware then filled the rest of the tupperwear with non butter, non salted popcorn. The popcorn helped keep the cookies from getting stale and dried out.
  9. Senior Member
    I used to make them all the time and just bought some Glad Press N Seal and warpped them a couple brownies at a time and put them in a tin. That way he could eat a few and the rest would still be tightly sealed until he was ready for them. Stuff works great. Banana bread, didn't make it.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh, and if you want to be lazy about it, little debbie makes brownies that are decent, and i'm pretty sure would survive along with the twinkies and the roaches in case of nuclear war
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast