Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Average Cost of a care package

1. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries

Average Cost of a care package

Advertisements
    Just curious how much everyone is payin for all the goodies they send?? My first one was by far the most expensive and with shipping it was killer (prolly about $250-300 worth of stuff) but they are evening out to be about $50-75 including shipping...I tend to pack them as full as possible so they are shoved with all kinds of stuff. I know after a few more though itll dwindle down to prolly between 25-50 because itll just be fun things, food, and replenishing what he needs as opposed to necessity type things. I try to send one every other week but at this point I just end up sending two every other week...might as well send one a week but I wait for payday to send em out.
  2. Senior Member
    it really depends on what he needs.. sometimes i can get away with 20 then shipping but most of the itme i average around 50. are you shipping in the flat rates?
  3. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by oxbarbie06xo View Post
    it really depends on what he needs.. sometimes i can get away with 20 then shipping but most of the itme i average around 50. are you shipping in the flat rates?
    yup, 11.95...way better than the 73 bucks i had to pay for the first huge box that had his comforter, pillows, and towels. that one hurt.
  4. Senior Member
    My first package was easily over $300 worth of stuff and another $20 in shipping. I think I'm averaging about $50-$100 worth of stuff now. Books and fun stuff tend to be more expensive than snacks and things like envelopes, which he says the PX has been out of since they got there. (He's had a letter written for a month and hasn't been able to send it because he's had nothing to send it in.)
  5. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyDeeplyTruly View Post
    My first package was easily over $300 worth of stuff and another $20 in shipping. I think I'm averaging about $50-$100 worth of stuff now. Books and fun stuff tend to be more expensive than snacks and things like envelopes, which he says the PX has been out of since they got there. (He's had a letter written for a month and hasn't been able to send it because he's had nothing to send it in.)
    Hell thats good to know!! Ill be sending some in the one Im shippin out tomorrow then (one today then one tomorrow after I make a last minute video to add since the webcams arent optimal right now tehehe ) Of course Im not sure if he would write a letter...maybe if I send him some preaddressed and stamped and all he might hmmmm Gotta make it as little work as possible so he has no excuse lol.
    Banned
    I must not be as nice as you guys. DH never asks for anything. So I just send fun stuff and those water flavor packets. I usually can fill a box for $20 (thank you Big Lots and Dollar Tree) and then shipping, I spend about $30 a month.
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I send basics because DH is literally in the middle of nowhere. I could never send him comforters and pillows and such. It depends on what I am sending. Sometimes he needs new head phones, cammies, other things like that. I never really keep track to be honest.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Soldiers ANGEL~ View Post
    Hell thats good to know!! Ill be sending some in the one Im shippin out tomorrow then (one today then one tomorrow after I make a last minute video to add since the webcams arent optimal right now tehehe ) Of course Im not sure if he would write a letter...maybe if I send him some preaddressed and stamped and all he might hmmmm Gotta make it as little work as possible so he has no excuse lol.
    When I first met DB, he had an online journal that he kept. I read back in it and he used to write letters to this chick he was in love with. (Remind me to tell you the story one day, Sarice, she was a bitch!)

All the time he was in Korea, I never got a letter. When he was home, there was never a reason for letters. However, before he left I asked him to start writing me some while he was over there and he agreed. He couldn't really not agree, because I told him...hey, you wrote to Natalie. I am way cooler than she ever was, so I've at least earned the same.

He has at least one there already that I know about, which is why he asked for the envelopes, because he didn't want me to think he was slacking, he just couldn't send it. I don't know how many more are lined up. I sent him about 30 envelopes plus some little blank cards and envelopes. I've dropped about half dozen cards in the mail for him. I think, so far, only one has gotten there, so I don't expect to get the letter anytime soon, but it's the thought that counts and I'll be a happy, happy girl when it goes show!
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug* View Post
    I send basics because DH is literally in the middle of nowhere. I could never send him comforters and pillows and such. It depends on what I am sending. Sometimes he needs new head phones, cammies, other things like that. I never really keep track to be honest.
    Her guy and my guy are together at a base where they should be able to get anything they want, but apparently the logistics into the HUGE PX leaves something to be desired.

So far he's had to have me send toothpaste, soap, envelopes, bedding and...hmm, I'm sure I'm missing stuff. What he can get there is terribly expensive. He's been going to the gym most days and started drinking Myoplex shakes. He was paying over double at the PX as what I could get them for here, so even with shipping, it's still way cheaper for me to send what he can actually get.

The Myoplex care package will probably cost well over $100, because it'll be packed full and that stuff isn't cheap, even when bought here. He's drinking 2 a day, so sending only a few isn't a great option.
  10. Senior Member
    The first was by far the most expensive because it was things he needed and a dvd set I got him as a gift pre-deployment that came a week late. So probably 150 dollars of stuff. Now I try to send one every 2 weeks or so and try to keep it about 50 dollars plus shipping. Thank heavens for flat rate!

The best surprise of my life Missing my pilot...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast