Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about sending homemade goods

1. Congratulations! You're Over The Hump !!!
    Congratulations! You're Over The Hump !!!
    Blog Entries

about sending homemade goods

Advertisements
    I sent him stuff when he was stateside and in school and only had one issue with it going bad....But how do you usually package up stuff that you make to send to him overseas ?? I dont want to send him somethin and have it go bad lol...not so much cookies..but like muffins & breads ?

DB-*HUGS* and I thank you for putting up with it cause I know you dont have to be here MUAH!! I love you very much
    My Wifey... Oggie's_wife
    Deyployment buddy to rikkisteve
  2. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    I have the same concerns as you, with it getting to be summer and hotter and hotter Ive been told to just put it off and not send any muffins or bread this time of year. I might try to use the foodsaver later when it cools down just a bit but still I worry about it molding. If anyone has had good success with it I would love to hear as well!! I have bannana bread waiting to be sent and he keeps buggin me for it :-(
  3. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    I've heard that muffins and bread get pretty scary looking by the time they make it over there -- wait until winter.
    Keep on keeping on.

4. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    I send bread wrapped in plastic wrap, inside a Ziploc. Everything is still tasty when it arrives.

5. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    i've sent brownies twice and they lasted and turned out great. one time the package even took a month and a half to get to him. i usually put them on a plate, wrap aluminum foil and put in a gallon zip lock bag. hopefully they'll still hold up for the summer. ill probably send them until he tells me not to because of the heat. so we'll see how the next couple go.
  6. Senior Member
    My first batch of goodies should be there shortly. I vacuum sealed some cupcakes and brownies. I hope they made it without molding. The cupcakes I retained here in Houston, not vacuum sealed, but covered, molded by Day 5, so now I'm nervous. I don't normally have on my AC, but it doesn't get nearly as hot in here as it would in transit. I'll try to remember to update when he gets them.
  7. Congratulations! You're Over The Hump !!!
    Congratulations! You're Over The Hump !!!
    Blog Entries
    OK I will wait til I hear how yours were when they got to him ...will stick with the cookies and such I guess for now Thanks so much

DB-*HUGS* and I thank you for putting up with it cause I know you dont have to be here MUAH!! I love you very much
    My Wifey... Oggie's_wife
    Deyployment buddy to rikkisteve
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I vacuum seal everything
  9. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Ok I forgot, nestle has a website that has some recipes that they have tested are termed "desert safe". Go to their website (http://www.verybestbaking.com/) and type in desert safe in the search. Im making the butterscotch ones for DBs next package and going to try the other ones with reeses because he isnt much of a chocolate fan :-)
  10. Senior Member
    Ok, the cupcakes didn't make it. He said they looked fine when the bag was sealed, but they smelled funny as soon as he opened the bag and were obviously molded when he pulled one out.

However, the brownies were the "best fucking brownies ever"!

He just had a bunch of stuff shipped to me from Amazon. Once it gets here, I'll make a couple batches of different types of brownies and ship it all off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast