Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: wondering what to do for fathers day box

1. patiently waiting for mi amor
    patiently waiting for mi amor

wondering what to do for fathers day box

Advertisements
    DB and I are in a serious relationship. We have decided to take things to the next level when he gets home, and we have talked about marriage. I see myself marrying this man, that I am sure of. He is deployed right now to Iraq, and I have sent him a box every week since getting his address. This week, I'd like to put together a fathers day box for him, because he does have one son with his ex wife. He is a great father. We do not have children together. I was thinking about making his next care package to be a small one, but with a fathers day theme to it. So, I have a card to put in it, probably going to make him some cookies, and since he loves to golf, I'm thinking of getting novelty golf balls that say #1 Dad..or something to that effect. What else do you think I should do? Or is that enough? I mean, it'd be small, but sweet. Which is okay. I guess Im not used to sending him small boxes. LOL.

ANY input would be great. Thanks I'm trying to send it out by tommorow
  2. I'm so Blessed
    I'm so Blessed
    Blog Entries
    I'm getting my hubby a card, maybe a shirt, making him brownies, sending him other things he need and I'm getting a calender made.
  3. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    i think its a sweet idea... can he use the golf balls there though?? the card sounds good, though. sorry i'm not tons of help, i got no kids and neiths does DB, so i don't have to think about father's day.

with my package "themes" i don't really fill it up with stuff having to do with the theme, i just use that to decorate and make like little notes and stuff with the theme!
  4. patiently waiting for mi amor
    patiently waiting for mi amor
    no, he doesnt golf over there, but i dont think that golfers use novelty golf balls anyway. the more i think about it, the more i think im just gonna keep it small and sweet just like that.
  5. Senior Member
    I filled dh's with his favorite things. It's his day as a dad, so why not celebrate it with favorite snack food and such. I included a card, pic of the kids, and had ds decorate the inside of the box. We used stickers that had sayings such as number 1 dad, mentor, my hero, etc.
    NO MORE TICKER!!! HE"S HOME!!

6. lea
    Dh's Father's day package included snacks, cards from the girls, a neoprene laptop sleeve, and a little RC helicopter.