Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sending M&M's

1. Regular Member

Sending M&M's

Advertisements
    My DH has requested that I send him a package of the limited edition strawberry peanut butter m&m's. I keep reading conflicting information about whether they will melt or not. Does anyone here know firsthand?

I told him I'll be happy to sock away a couple of bags in the freezer for him for when he returns, but he's impatient I told him I'd try to find out for sure if they will melt or not.
  2. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    i sent skittles and they were just fine... and i know they are chocolate i havent sent anything like that because they melt too fast here before i can even get them in the box
  3. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    i sent my DB reece's pieces, and he said they all melted together and made a giant weird clump. he said he put them in a fridge and let the clump harden and then he and the guys broke off bigs chunks.

lol. he still said it tasted alright... it was just a mess.
  4. Senior Member
    The M&Ms may melt but since he requested them I would go ahead and send him a bag.
    Banned
    DH's friend, Will, loves the almond ones. And I have sent him them twice. Once at Halloween and once at Easter. And as far as I know, there wasn't a problem. Although, he may have just been excited that someone sent him stuff and didn't care.

Whenever I send DH something that I think has the potential to hate the heat, I stick it in a Ziploc baggie. That way if something does happen, he can just throw out the baggie.
  6. he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    he's deployed and i'm in hawaii!
    yeah... i sent my brother mini bags of M&Ms and snickers... and he said in an email "the chocolate was perfect" ... so maybe it didn't melt for him. hmm... idk!

but i agree, if he asked for them, i'd send him! and also keep some in the freezer for when he gets home, lol.
    cant hurt to try, just put in a baggie just in case. Ive sent tons of candy to Dh and he never said it melted, but this is our men were talking about they will eat anything LOL. I sent brownies to, about 2 1/2 packages indiv. wrapped. Those went FAST LOL
  8. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Its definitely getting hot over there. Its a just a risk, they may melt some, they may melt into a blob, they may not melt at all!
  9. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    I would definitely put them in an extra ziploc if I sent them this time of year!
    Keep on keeping on.

10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Isn't there some thermal packing stuff you can get? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that there was...maybe hit google up?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast