Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost package-Update

1. lea

Lost package-Update

Advertisements
    Update- It finally made it! It took almost 6 weeks but it made it fine and unopened! I had given up b/c the last 3 pkgs I sent since this one all made it fine, so I was very surprised.

I'm beginning to think that my last package to dh is lost I have sent 4 so far and they have all made it in ~ 5 days, but so far it has been 16 days with this one. The only thing different was that it was the 1st one that I sent in a flat rate APO box, and all the others were sent in bigger boxes.

I'm still holding out hope but it's starting to fade. Esp. since the box my mom sent after I sent mine arrived in a timely fashion. It had a ton of pictures in it as well as a flash drive full of more pictures (some that I really wouldn't anyone else to see)! But nothing pricey or anything that would have leaked and caused any issues.

So has anyone else had a lost package or one that just took forever to get there for no apparent reason?

I tried to track it but it just says that it was processed at my local PO, but that's also what all my previous tracking #'s say too so that wasn't any help.
    Last edited by lea; 06-27-2009 at 12:46 PM.
  2. lucky im in love with my best friend
    lucky im in love with my best friend
    i sent one to DF when he was deployed that took forever... like a month! it never took that long before or after that. he did end up getting it though!
  3. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Where (generally) was it headed?
    Keep on keeping on.

4. lea
    It was headed to Iraq.
  5. lea
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknpretty4564 View Post
    i sent one to DF when he was deployed that took forever... like a month! it never took that long before or after that. he did end up getting it though!
    Thanks, that gives me some hope!
  6. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    It was headed to Iraq.
    My man mentioned to me today when I asked him about his mail that he heard that there is a dispute between the mail contractor and the Iraqi government that is holding up the mail. Dunno if it's true, but that could explain it.
    Keep on keeping on.

7. Senior Member
    Hey girl! I have been having the same problem. My boxes are going to Iraq too and they usually take 7-10 days but recently they have been taking about 1 month!!! So don't give up hope. It'll get there. Fingers crossed. If you work on the box I'd suggest taking pictures just in case. I do it with all of my boxes in case they do get lost I can still show my hubby what effort went into it. haaha.

Quote Originally Posted by lea View Post
    I'm beginning to think that my last package to dh is lost I have sent 4 so far and they have all made it in ~ 5 days, but so far it has been 16 days with this one. The only thing different was that it was the 1st one that I sent in a flat rate APO box, and all the others were sent in bigger boxes.

I'm still holding out hope but it's starting to fade. Esp. since the box my mom sent after I sent mine arrived in a timely fashion. It had a ton of pictures in it as well as a flash drive full of more pictures (some that I really wouldn't anyone else to see)! But nothing pricey or anything that would have leaked and caused any issues.

So has anyone else had a lost package or one that just took forever to get there for no apparent reason?

I tried to track it but it just says that it was processed at my local PO, but that's also what all my previous tracking #'s say too so that wasn't any help.
  8. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Did you send it priority? I know parcel post is generally cheaper for bigger boxes but they are sorta sent based on space available so can take up to a month as opposed to flat rates supposedly being 7-10 days. Itll show up, the mail is about as predictable as the army =/
  9. Senior Member
    don't give up! I've sent packages that he's gotten in 4 days! (i'm serious!) I sent him another package and it took almost a whole month! i was so pissed. i think it depends on the air traffic and how many packages they receive....I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!! good luck

Siggy by AshMark's
    Mr. & Mrs. since August 20, 2010 He's home! Finally Together
  10. Rei
    Chhyeah!
    Chhyeah!
    There could be tons of reasons why he hasn't gotten it yet. Don't worry yet!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast