Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I had a breakthrough today... so I had to put it to paper... or should I say box?

1. Señor Member
    Señor Member

Giggle I had a breakthrough today... so I had to put it to paper... or should I say box?

Advertisements
    So a couple themes away from what I'm doing next, I have a "Deployment Survival Kit" theme, and I while I was looking up things for my Pirate CP I had a breathrough.

Make the box look like a First Aid Kit so instead of wasting what I think is a pretty cute Idea I made a part for the top, so i didn't forget... because I'm usually very good at forgetting things

And then I printed up a modified list from whats in that little Care Package thing we have, when you're on the front page, KWIM? (Well I updated it to better fit us, and to go with a boat in the ocean, instead of dry land.) and put I'm going to glue it to one of the flaps... you'll all see that when I get around to that package... but anyway, here it is:

of course, it's going to look more like a first aid kit, I'm goign to write Deployment Survival Kit on where the Medical Cross is as well, but I just wanted to put that there so I didn't forget by the time I did that package

be cool.
  2. "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    "Saving People. Hunting things. The family business"
    Oo ashleys a smartie

I like it! Its cuute!

you!
  3. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    & you!

be cool.
  4. Senior Member
    Do you have any plans for a 4th of July box? I'm would love to hear your ideas on this because you have such awesome/creative ideas.
  5. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkybear View Post
    Do you have any plans for a 4th of July box? I'm would love to hear your ideas on this because you have such awesome/creative ideas.
    rofl funny thing is, I didn't even think about the 4th of july

I was going to do a "Life's a beach, and we both know those suck" (we don't like the beach) themed one, with suckers and gob stobbers and all that, along with beach stuff, and then a Christmas in July one... but now I have to brainstorm on one for the 4th, and one of those two are left in the dust

Hmm... I'll have to think for a moment on that

here's what I've brainstormed so far:
    the second opening flap, where the medical cross is, make that a flag instead with pop up "Happy 4th of July" on it (cut out letters in construction paper and put a little paper made spring behind it. here's a video tutorial i just found that shows pretty well what I'm talkin about if you don't know how to make one already)

I'll add more as my brain crunches harder

be cool.
  6. Senior Member
    You are seriously a care package queen! I love all of your ideas, the boxes come out so cute and put together!
  7. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    On orientaltrading.com they have a little beach ball that's got stars and striped on it, I'll probably end up getting something like that from a local store, and hit up the store for the 4th of july themed candy.

Also, include a bunch of "American Past times" themed stuff, like Big League Chew (the gum with the big baseball player on it, KWIM? and BBQ stuff, like those gummy dinners, that you can get them in hamburgers fries and hot dogs, maybe even find a BBQ pack of them?

be cool.
  8. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    that is a great idea! I wish i would have thought of that for when i sent DB an entire medicine cabinet full of meds "just in case" and other first aid stuffs. You do have such creative ideas. Im so glad you share with us!!!
  9. Senior Member
    That is a GREAT idea!! Thanks! Got a father's day idea for me? LOL That is my next box then 4th of July and I love the BBQ gummies idea! You rock!
    Trish & Hubby Home for R&R!! Dec. 2009
  10. Señor Member
    Señor Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitmommyof4 View Post
    That is a GREAT idea!! Thanks! Got a father's day idea for me? LOL That is my next box then 4th of July and I love the BBQ gummies idea! You rock!
    lol well DF and I bought a dog for when I move up there when he's back, so I'm going to send him a mini father's day package with another box I send from our dog with his paw print (how I'm going to get the little turd to let me do that, IDK yet ) and scooby snacks and all that. For humans, i have no idea lol. Maybe do your kid's hand prints on the box, with little pictures in the palm of the prints so he knows who's print is whose, and maybe a picture of them all with a Happy Father's Day Banner?

be cool.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast