Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brownies

1. Senior Member

Brownies

Advertisements
    I'm planning on making DB some brownies.What's the best way to send them.I have glad containers especially cookies, etc, It's supposed to lock in the freshness.I thought about maybe putting them in ziploc bags and then in the container. TIA

2. Senior Member
    I'm going to put them in the bags that you can suck out all the air from (Glad and Ziploc both make a version), then put them in one of the glad containers to try and keep them from getting crushed.
  3. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    A lot of people have used containers like that pretty successfully. I didn't because I wanted to save space (had enough brownies to stuff half a flat rate box). Instead I individually wrapped sets of two brownies in saran wrap, then bagged them in groups in storage bags, and taped those shut. No complaints!
    Keep on keeping on.

4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I always air seal them
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa85 View Post
    A lot of people have used containers like that pretty successfully. I didn't because I wanted to save space (had enough brownies to stuff half a flat rate box). Instead I individually wrapped sets of two brownies in saran wrap, then bagged them in groups in storage bags, and taped those shut. No complaints!
    No squishing? I'm kinda shocked. Hmm. Maybe I'll send a few in a container and the rest that way and see what he says. I'm all for saving space and making the most out of those flat rate boxes.
  6. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I saran wrap them in sets of two then put them all in a big ziploc with no air, and then put them in a tupperware container.
  7. We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    We kicked Deployments ass together :)
    Blog Entries
    wrap them in seran wrap then tin foil then a plastic container(glad) put a piece of bread in the container too no complaints
  8. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by MadlyDeeplyTruly View Post
    No squishing? I'm kinda shocked. Hmm. Maybe I'll send a few in a container and the rest that way and see what he says. I'm all for saving space and making the most out of those flat rate boxes.
    I made chewy ones, not cakelike ones, so they weren't too squishable. Don't think our guys notice how the baked goods look -- they're too busy shoving them in their mouths!
    Keep on keeping on.

9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa85 View Post
    I made chewy ones, not cakelike ones, so they weren't too squishable. Don't think our guys notice how the baked goods look -- they're too busy shoving them in their mouths!
    I'm more worried about things crumbling.

My mom sent me a care package for my birthday when I was living in Europe. She sent me my favorite Entemann's donuts. The donut box was flattened, crumbs were everywhere and with the crumbs came the ants.

It was totally the thought that counted, but the box was disgusting. I'd like to prevent that, especially how much time I spend in a post office line plus the actual postage and cost of the goodies.
  10. Banned
    Banned
    I usually do mine in one of those vacuum bags and then put it in the containers to keep from smooshing.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast