Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food/quick meal ideas??

1. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries

Food/quick meal ideas??

Advertisements
    I guess DB said they are really cutting down the amount of time they are allowed to eat during his shifts so he needs lots of snacks to take with him but nutritious and quick not just junk food. He already can get lots of gatorade and jerky at the px and Im gonna get him some tuna packets and crackers. Any other ideas of good types of snacks I can mail him that are quick meals????
  2. Senior Member
    Fruit cups, summer sausages w/cheese and crackers, cereal bars, nuts, sunflower seeds, he can pick up bread at the PX for PB&J sandwiches. Then again, my box only took 4 days to get where our boys are, so hell...you can include the bread too. My supermarket white bread lasts for damn near ever (at least two weeks), dried fruit/trail mix.
  3. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    I had the same question a while back -- here's my thread on it!

Just Add Water
    Keep on keeping on.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Make him trail mix with different nuts, driedfruit and chocolate chips or m&ms. Protein bars, granola bars, fruit snack packs, ritz crackers, individual boxes of cereal, little bags of chips and cheezits, fruit cups, beef jerky, homemade cookies, jello...Try to find things high in protein if you can.
  5. In my dreams, his dreams come true
    In my dreams, his dreams come true
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by louisa85 View Post
    I had the same question a while back -- here's my thread on it!

Just Add Water
    Thanks those do help a bit! Unfrotunately he doesnt have a coffee pot or really anything to make boiling water with at this point but I may be sending him something since it would be helpeful. I even thought about sending a mini crock pot too.
  6. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Soldiers ANGEL~ View Post
    Thanks those do help a bit! Unfrotunately he doesnt have a coffee pot or really anything to make boiling water with at this point but I may be sending him something since it would be helpeful. I even thought about sending a mini crock pot too.
    He should (theoretically, if he has any room) be able to get one over there. Mine did, and it was the best because when he missed meals then he could make something hot to eat with it.
    Keep on keeping on.

7. Regular Member
    My DB always asks for those easy mac cups....the ones you just throw in the microwave (if they have one) and those packets of chicken...I think tyson makes them. Any i guess it all comes down to if they have a microwave???
  8. Senior Member
    Yes, the easy mac cups are a good idea... when DB was deployed, he was always asking for protein bars and trail mix, stuff he could throw in his pack when he had to go somewhere. DB's favorite fast food is Taco Bell, and Taco Bell makes these pre-packaged meals that are in the grocery store... they aren't frozen or anything so they don't have to be cold, all they have to do is add water and microwave. Then again, without a microwave, that's kinda tough. I also sent DB lots of those gatorade/powerade drink mixes--they aren't meals, but he loved them! The individual boxes of cereal and fruit cups are good, too. I'd go to Target and look in the food/snack section there--I got lots of DB's care package treats there for cheap!
    "Some things in life are just so sweet--and sweet is really not strong enough--I mean, so soothing and delicious that sometimes the memory of them is all you need to get by. You can just close your eyes and put yourself there in an instant. Your mouth waters, your eyes tear up, your heart beats fast, and it's hard to catch your breath."--Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love
  9. Senior Member
    Cup of noodles, Easy Mac, fruit, ritz crackers-they have ones that come in smaller packs now.I saw them at walmart.Chips, popcorn if he has access to a microwave, Jerky, Cereal bars, Fruit bars they have assorted flavors, cookies, cheese that comes in the can

10. Senior Member
    DB mentioned that his current CHU doesn't have 110 power, only 220, so be careful on what appliances you send over. I was really debating sending him over one of those pod coffee makers, but with the power difference, it wouldn't work. I don't know if all the CHUs where our guys are at are 220 vs 110, but wait for them to move into their permanent ones and then ask.

I actually have a picture of DB clipping his hair at the hangar, because the clippers wouldn't work in his CHU. Oddly enough, I have a pair of 220 clippers from my time in Europe, I think (might have tossed em).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast