Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: idiot at the post office!

1. Account Closed
    Account Closed

idiot at the post office!

Advertisements
    So I've mailed DB 3 packages so far, and I like to go to the same post office near where I work. But I used a different one when I mailed the second box, and I think the girl behind the counter screwed me up. I have a bunch of large flat rate APO/AE boxes that I use, and when she only put $5.50 in postage on it, I had to question her. She said it would be fine, that it would get there, and then she slapped a bunch of Priority Mail tape on the box. She was trying to tell me that the $11.95 the other post office charged me for the first box was way too much. I figured a postal worker must know what they're doing, and I have no idea. We trust them to put the right amount of postage on things, right? I am so worried now that it's not going to get there, because last night, I mailed out my third box, and I went back to my usual post office. I was telling the woman behind the counter about the second box, and she said that was definitely not right, but that I would've gotten it back by now, and that they probably let it through. I hope so, because if I get it back and have to mail it out again, or he doesn't get it, I will raise hell with that stupid girl! Anyway, it's been 12 days since I mailed the second box, so we'll see what happens. Hmmm...maybe this should've gone in the venting forum!
    oh man! ask him if he has gotten it yet? Mine have been making it in 6 days here lately, i think the longest was 10. I would so be PO'd
  3. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    Did you check the return to sender box on the customs form? if you didn't you may not get it back. I'm sorry that happened you should go back to the other post office and let them know what happened.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    He hasn't gotten it yet. Well, as of Sunday night when I last talked to him. I know it took about 2 weeks with the first box I sent. And yes, I did check the return to sender on the customs form for the second box. I am SO bummed out. I mean, I can resend it if it comes back to me, but I bought him new towels, and sunscreen, and would hate to have to go out and buy them again. The worst part is, I sent him a picture cd too, and I'd have to redo it. This girl at the post office is going to hear it from me.
  5. i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    i didn't realize that the USSR was back.
    if you have your customs receipt they should be able to track it for you.

I will miss you SOS...
    Please be wary of what you post remember OPSEC is not just another acronym.

6. Instigator Extraordinaire
    Instigator Extraordinaire
    Uhhh that sounds weird - let us know how it works out!
    Keep on keeping on.

7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    I honestly doubt they were even paying attention and wouldn't worry about it to much. What are you putting on the Custom forms? Return to sender, treat as abandon?
  8. A Beautiful Mistake
    A Beautiful Mistake
    I hope it's found soon!
  9. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Quote Originally Posted by *MarineBug420* View Post
    I honestly doubt they were even paying attention and wouldn't worry about it to much. What are you putting on the Custom forms? Return to sender, treat as abandon?
    I hope so. Return to sender. I'll let you all know how it works out.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Maybe she is new, or had something else more important in her life that was distracting her. I think you are over reacting, its the postal system, anything can happen
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast