Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Quick and easy recipes?

1. Regular Member

Quick and easy recipes?

Advertisements
    I'd love any recipes that can be made ahead for quick and easy breakfasts! I'm always running tight on time in the morning and skip breakfast, but than am starving by like 10 -.-
  2. Senior Member
    I love overnight oats!

I get most of my recipes from pinterest. My favorites are ones made in empty peanut butter jars, but that doesn't happen very often! SO SO good, though, and super filling.
  3. Senior Member
    I always eat toast or yogurt with granola since both are super fast and easy. If you want something more substantial use a muffin pan to make scrambled eggs then put them in a ziplock bag overnight and in the morning you have easy portable egg muffins.
  4. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    You can make a big batch of breakfast burritos (or tacos) and freeze them. I make a bunch on a Sunday then they are just in the freezer for DD to wrap in a papertowel and pop in the microwave.

5. Senior Member
    Make-Ahead Spinach and Artichoke Baked Egg Soufflés - TODAY.com!!! My boyfriend makes these all the time, he adapts the basic recipe and throws whatever he wants in. They're really good and really substantial. They don't have as nice of a texture the next day but they still taste great.
  6. Regular Member
    Thanks y'all! I'm gonna go to the store later and get some stuff to try these!
  7. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    OH! I also have done pancake batter in a cupcake tin with crumbled breakfast sausage over it then baked it, I'll freeze them in a freezer bag then DD can pop them in the microwave and dip them in syrup.

8. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tessab00 View Post
    I'd love any recipes that can be made ahead for quick and easy breakfasts! I'm always running tight on time in the morning and skip breakfast, but than am starving by like 10 -.-
    Get inventive with toast. You can almost never go wrong with a boiled egg and toast soldiers. If you make your own bread whenever you have a moment (I can teach you how...it REALLY isn't hard, and you don't need anything special or complex; my four year old makes bread), you don't even necessarily need to toast it. Just cut a slice, butter it and go.

It's not cook-ahead, but you know that an omelet (done properly) takes about ninety seconds to cook, right? I'm serious, they are SO fast. Let me induct you into the ways of the short-order GODS.

Fruit salad would be a good one too, or I can give you a couple of really quick compote recipes that you can make when you have a moment and then keep in the fridge to add to your cereal/oats/whatever to pimp it up a little.

If all else fails...make very good friends with your blender, and play with smoothies. Take it with you in a travel mug as you leave.