Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have

1. Senior Member

Anyone have

Advertisements
    some good-for-you bake and take recipes? By that, suppose I'm looking for grab and go breakfasts in the morning that are healthy.

I've thought about making something like these: Are We There Yet?: Breakfast Burritos, idaho sunrise part two - The Domestic Mama & The Village Cook, Gwaltney Foods

My issue is that I tire of the same thing every morning. And since it's just DH and I, not a fan of making a batch of each...if that makes sense. If I have just fruit for breakfast, I'm starving by lunch and overeat.

Thoughts? What are some healthy grab and go items you make?
  2. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    make, freeze, microwave!
    make the burritos and freeze them, same with muffins, pancakes. Protien smoothies are quick and easy.
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I just throw eggs and whatever I can scrounge up into a muffin pan, every few days I make a new batch with different stuff, it's good on the go!
  4. 1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    1/2 hippie, 1/2 diva... all Jersey
    I make oatmeal literally every morning b/c I it. My mother, however, is not a breakfast person and much prefers these:
    Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran Muffins

They are awesome.

www.SnarkyFit.com
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetvanity View Post
    I make oatmeal literally every morning b/c I it. My mother, however, is not a breakfast person and much prefers these:
    Bob's Red Mill Oat Bran Muffins

They are awesome.
    I make oatmeal too if I have more time, I fry an egg and put it on a english muffin.

6. "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    "If you don't like my attitude, quit talking to me"
    I used to make a few different kinds of breakfast casseroles, freeze them and heat them either before work or at work.

Now I quick scramble an egg (or two) put it with some cheese on a tortilla and bang, have my burrito. I also fry an egg and put in on a piece of toast and make a sandwich (or a bagel or english muffin). Hard boiled eggs keep too.

Heck, I even fry up some bacon (the entire pkg) and keep it in the fridge and just heat it for 10 secs and eat it in the car...

There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    This is not 'bake' and take. But I have a smoothie every morning for breakfast. Bought one of those magic bullet things--throw stuff in, blend, and go. Today I had strawberry and banana with a little oatmeal (keeps you full) a scoop of protein powder some honey and some ice!
    Get those frozen fruit bags (w/o added sugar) and it makes it so easy.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.
    -Albert Einstein

8. Senior Member
    Oatmeal is soooo healthy for you and you can always throw on some cinnamon or chop apples the night before and sprinkle them ontop or raisins or a lot of different things!! I put it in a mug and eat it in the car It takes like less than 5 minutes to heat up
  9. Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Wibbly, wobbly, timey, wimey stuff.
    Have you tried a crustless quiche? They're perfect for lunch and dinner.

INGREDIENTS
    plain flour (125g)
    tsp salt
    tsp baking powder
    2 eggs
    milk (230ml)
    butter (100g)
    2 spring onions
    small fillet of salmon, skinned and cubed
    small head of broccoli
    handful of grated cheese

preheat oven to 180C.
    cut the broccoli into small florets and dump into a pan of rapidly boiling salted water.
    cook for 2 minutes then fish out and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking.
    slice the spring onions finely.
    weigh and sieve the flour, salt and baking powder into a bowl.
    melt the butter in a pan or microwave before adding to the dry ingredients with the eggs.
    beat to form a paste then pour in the milk, a bit at a time, until fully combined and smooth.
    season with salt and pepper and mix through the grated cheese.
    ladle into greased muffin tins or paper cases and bake for 30 minutes until golden and set.
    cool in tin for at least 10 mins before popping out and allowing to cool fully on a wire rack. Great served warm or just as good cold in a lunchbox or picnic hamper.

makes 10
    I use less butter than it called for and it still tasted awesome. You can use any green vegetable you want, or any kind of meat, even. I used spinach, broccoli, and red peppers with the salmon.
  10. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Quick and easy ideas I use are yogurt and granola, rice cakes with sunflower seed butter, and Luna bars!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast