Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Fried Eggs

1. Senior Member

Fried Eggs

Advertisements
    What is the secret to making good fried eggs? I like mine with the yolk runny!! I can never seem to get the "flip" right at home...I always wind up only flipping half the egg or breaking the yolk. Is there a secret to doing this correctly?
  2. Senior Member
    Do you use a spatula or just flip it in the pan? Im a chef and I just flip it cuz thats the way I was taught (you get laughed at in my kitchen if you us a spatula) The key is to get the yolks toward the top of the pan for an easier flip and you kinda have to give with the pan as they flip rather than just letting them smack down onto the metal. I hope that made sense, im kinda picturint it in my head. A good "egg only" pan is also good to have. I never wash mine I just wipe it out real good, it helps with stickage.
  3. Senior Member
    Blog Entries

i make fried eggs the old school way, lotsa oil, & use a spatula to splash the hot oil over the top of the egg, which partially cooks the yolk. i don't flip. for me, i don't like yolks, so i separate them out before i cook my eggs.
  4. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    I always use a spatula, but I'm just really careful. I get them flipped without breaking them about 90% of the time. I don't eat eggs, so I just make them for DH. He can just deal with it if I break one now and then..
  5. Senior Member
    I like my eggs a little runny so I use a super hot griddle pan, nonstick, and cook them fast. Flip just at the end with a spatula then slide them off the gridlle pan onto the plate.
  6. Life is good.
    Life is good.
    I just flip them gently with a spatula.
  7. Senior Member
    Yea I use a spatula. Heck, half the time the yolk breaks before I even get the spatula under it. lol. Maybe next time I'll try and flip it without the spatula...that gives me a mental picture of eggs on the ceiling. hahaha
  8. :) :) :)
    :) :) :)
    i use a spatula because i am really clumsy and my eggs would end up on the floor