Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: need LOTS of ideas!!

1. Senior Member

need LOTS of ideas!!

Advertisements
    Okay, here's the problem:
    dh is a baby. haha no seriously though like he has to have stuff "ready" to eat in the morning or he wont eat breakfast and then ends up buying expensive and crappy crap food on post before lunch, and then doesnt eat his lunch because he "just" ate that crap food, so his lunch goes bad by the end of the day (he has "lost" FOUR lunch carriers, so now he only gets plastic/paper bags. haha i know, so childish, but it must be done!) so that's wasting MORE food.
    bottom line, we dont have the money for him to do that. NOR do we have the money to buy what he wants for breakfast which is: poptarts, granola bars, special k bars, milk and cereal bars, instant oatmeal, ready made frozen breakfast sandwiches, etc etc basically all that expensive stuff that gets eaten in a matter of 3 days and then it's gone.

SO (i'm finally going to tell you what i need ideas for...hehe)..

do any of you ladies have ideas for breakfast food that I can make/bake here at home that my DH can just pick up and eat? I can freeze stuff, I can leave stuff in the fridge, and if it wont go bad, i can leave it on the counter covered. I'm thinking like some kind of bars or whatever. The only thing i could think of on my own was making pancakes and freezing them.

basically i want to make stuff from scratch because i have the ingredients and it's so much cheaper to do it that way! DH has a HUGE appetite so it costs us a FORTUNE to keep him fed. Having breakfast stuff on hand that i can make myself would be awesome.

ps..he doesnt eat/like eggs, or french toast.

i know, there goes like a bajillion options.
    okay, thanks ladies. sorry this is so long
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  2. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    wow, he must definitely be a pain in your butt

I would probably just get him some of those frozen breakfast sandwiches if he likes that kind of stuff and they seem easy to heat up
  3. Senior Member
    he is a WICKED pain in the butt. Its not his fault though, it's the way he was raised.

I just hate getting those because he eats like 4 as ONE breakfast. and they are just expensive if he's eating that many, kwim? lol

someday when we're old and wrinkly I'm gonna be just as much of a pain in the butt to him
    "R is one of the most menacing of sounds, that's why it's called muRdeR and not muckduck"
  4. Independent Beachbody Coach
    Independent Beachbody Coach
    Quote Originally Posted by madd55 View Post
    he is a WICKED pain in the butt. Its not his fault though, it's the way he was raised.

I just hate getting those because he eats like 4 as ONE breakfast. and they are just expensive if he's eating that many, kwim? lol

someday when we're old and wrinkly I'm gonna be just as much of a pain in the butt to him
    ahhh...lol, yah that could get expensive!!

What about making a big casserole (could be pretty cheap), cutting it up into individual servings and putting them in the fridge/ freezer and he can just nuke it for a few seconds in the microwave
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachael View Post
    ahhh...lol, yah that could get expensive!!

What about making a big casserole (could be pretty cheap), cutting it up into individual servings and putting them in the fridge/ freezer and he can just nuke it for a few seconds in the microwave
    oh yes, and it DOES get expensive lol.

I think i'll do that. I cant seem to find any casseroles that dont involve eggs though..he refuses to eat eggs
    he's like a frickin toddler haha
  6. who will drive my soul?
    who will drive my soul?
    what about tater tot casserole? i'm pretty sure that doesn't involve eggs.
    www.acoan.scentsy.us
    www.andreacoan.blogspot.com
  7. Senior Member
    My hubby is the same way , but I put him on allowance. He gets 50 bucks every two weeks to spend on his breakfast junk, that and rockstars, OMG hes a big ole pain in the rear for rockstars and they are so expensive. Once he spends that hes pretty much sol until his next allowance. either that your get or ass up early and hit the boat at 4 am for breakfast
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I'd give him a budget and if he can't stick with it..he doesn't get any more.

Sounds like it is time for a grow-up time. My DH use to be like that then I took his trains away from him. He's budget now.

I would make breakfast things like egg burritoes, egg muffins, ect. and just freeze them. If you have no problem with it..get up with him.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. Always n Forever
    Always n Forever
    what about buying bagels and cream cheese/ jelly? My dh like egg/ham/cheese bagels(i know your dh doesnt like eggs..but you could omit them) so i will fry up eggs and cheese and ham then put them in individual containers. That way in the morning he just has to nuke the containers and put the bagel in the toaster..good luck!

I freeze pancakes too you could also go to the commy and buy a bunch of muffin mixes and make those ahead of time!

I also keep generic poptarts in the house..they are cheap and easy to grab
  10. Senior Member
    I would suggest things like muffins. You can buy cheap muffin mix and it doesn't take long to cook up. What about things like a regular turkey or PB&J sandwich for breakfast? Especially since he doesn't care for eggs. It is still getting him to eat and that is very easy to make the night before.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast