Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Sourdough starter

1. Travel Junkie
    Travel Junkie

Sourdough starter

Advertisements
    First off, I hope I posted this in the right place. It's not a recipe, but it's a cooking technique question.

Has anyone made their own sourdough starter before? I'm on day three of my first attempt, and I believe it's going well.....
    Can anyone tell me if over kneading is an issue in this starter phase? I have difficulty getting the flour evenly distributed when I feed the starter.

I'm really excited to try out many sourdough cake recipes I've recently come across. I, myself, am gluten free, but I thought it would be fun to do this and have goodies to give away or take over for girls' night, etc.
  2. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Never tried it, but I've seen recipes for it, and I want to. Let us know how it goes for you.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I just dump and stir when I do a starter. I figure as long as most of the flour and water (or juice) gets mixed in it will do its thing.
  4. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Procella View Post
    I just dump and stir when I do a starter. I figure as long as most of the flour and water (or juice) gets mixed in it will do its thing.
    agree