Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Banana bread?

  1. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #1

    Banana bread?

    Advertisements
    What does it taste like? Is it sweet? I have two leftover bananas that are about to go bad so I want to use them. I have all the ingredients for the recipe I looked up, but I've never had banana bread.


    Also, if anyone has a super awesome recipe I should use instead, please tell me


  2. Senior Member
    GreenSoap's Avatar
    GreenSoap is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Fort Bragg
    Posts
    9,623
    #2
    To me, it tastes like a banana milkshake only in bread form. I love it! You should totally make it. I've never made it nor have a recipe but I love to eat it.
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    HisCrazyGirl's Avatar
    HisCrazyGirl is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,641

    #3
    Ugh, I wish I had my moms recipe for you, it is AMAZING! Banana bread is my most favorite thing on the planet minus a few things I miss from my home state. Make it, doooo it!
  4. the siren that sings you home
    907Kim's Avatar
    907Kim is offline
    the siren that sings you home
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Me: JBER // Him: South Korea
    Posts
    4,072
    #4
    Mine never turns out super-sweet...but it's delicious. If you are a fan of banana flavor, you'll love it!


    Johanna is my wifey!
  5. I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    amandalouwho2's Avatar
    amandalouwho2 is offline
    I'm not drunk, you're just blurry.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Jarrell, Texas
    Posts
    10,443


    #5
    Put chocolate chips in it and it's the best fricking thing... Ever.
    I think we have a recipe at home in our family recipe binder, I'll see if I can send it to you when I get off work!


  6. Senior Member
    casper02's Avatar
    casper02 is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    1,255
    #6
    It is sweetish, really yummy though, you should make it!
  7. Señor Member
    Ashley.'s Avatar
    Ashley. is offline
    Señor Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    25,785
    #7
    Quote Originally Posted by amandalouwho2 View Post
    Put chocolate chips in it and it's the best fricking thing... Ever.
    I think we have a recipe at home in our family recipe binder, I'll see if I can send it to you when I get off work!
    soooo goood

    I just google "bisquick banana bread" since I always have bisquick. I rarely have baking soda & never remember to buy baking powder.
    Cooks.com - Recipe - Bisquick Banana Bread
    I use chocolate chips instead of nuts, but nuts are AWESOME in them, too. I just never have any on hand. Chocolate chips are much easier to remember when walking down the baking aisle

    be cool.
  8. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh, Baby♥ View Post
    soooo goood

    I just google "bisquick banana bread" since I always have bisquick. I rarely have baking soda & never remember to buy baking powder.
    Cooks.com - Recipe - Bisquick Banana Bread
    I use chocolate chips instead of nuts, but nuts are AWESOME in them, too. I just never have any on hand. Chocolate chips are much easier to remember when walking down the baking aisle
    I have tons of chocolate chips But I don't have any bisquick


  9. Señor Member
    Ashley.'s Avatar
    Ashley. is offline
    Señor Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    25,785
    #9
    Quote Originally Posted by briannanoel View Post
    I have tons of chocolate chips But I don't have any bisquick
    Use the chocolate chips & you will not be sorry

    be cool.
  10. Senior Member
    bdizzle's Avatar
    bdizzle is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    19,693
    #10
    I'm going to use them, I honestly never would have thought to but it sounds good!

    Does this seem like a good recipe?

    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-...RelatedRecipes

    I'm a banana bread virgin, I have no idea what I'm doing


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •