Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Pizza Crust

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Pizza Crust

Advertisements
    This was really easy and really good. I'm not a fan of thick crusts, but it was very good. It worked really well in an German oven!

Valentino's Pizza Crust Recipe - Allrecipes.com

1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
    1 tablespoon white sugar
    2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 teaspoon salt
    2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
    Directions

Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
    Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil. If desired sprinkle basil, thyme or other seasonings on crust. Top with your favorite pizza toppings and bake for 15 to 20 minutes in a preheated 425 degree oven
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  2. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I might have to try this. I'm a frozen pizza girl but DB avoids frozen food. This actually looks doable
  3. Regular Member
    i'm excited to try this!! i've been making more homemade pizza.
  4. Regular Member
    That's similar to mine. I like to pre-bake my crust for about 8 minutes before topping. Also, you can pre-bake, cool completely and freeze. When you are ready, you just let it thaw out, top it and bake it the rest of the way! Super easy!
  5. Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    Amazon nut & Supernatural freak.
    I make the crust using the same recipe. I don't know if it's the flour I am using which is bread flour (Bobby Flay claims that bread flour will make the crust crispier - Pizza Dough Recipe : Bobby Flay : Recipes : Food Network) or something else, but mine always comes out of the oven "gummy" like, definitely not crispy.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    You can put a little oil in the pan and it will crisp it up a bit too.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shape shifter View Post
    I make the crust using the same recipe. I don't know if it's the flour I am using which is bread flour (Bobby Flay claims that bread flour will make the crust crispier - Pizza Dough Recipe : Bobby Flay : Recipes : Food Network) or something else, but mine always comes out of the oven "gummy" like, definitely not crispy.
    Do you top it before baking it? That's why I pre-bake mine. Bread flour will also make the crust softer on the inside. You want to use bread flour. I have never had success baking the dough with all the toppings, the crust never gets cooked all the way. Try pre-baking the crust for about 8-10 minutes. I usually put a little of butter or olive oil on the crust, too.
  8. Senior Member
    When we did our pizza class in Italy, we would thoroughly heat the bottom of the pizza pan on the stove top before putting it in the oven. It gets rid of the gooey-ness in the center.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    If you have something like a pizza stone, it will help with evenly baking, if not, prebake it. Just 5 min is all it takes to set it up.

I normally prebake it. With my easy bake oven, it is hard to get it even.