Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: cooking enough garlic/cheese bread for 25..

1. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.

cooking enough garlic/cheese bread for 25..

Advertisements
    Marines/Sailors. I'm both pulling my hair out and perplexed as to how I'm going to do this and still arrive on base with warm bread.

If I get all the stuff (whether it be frozen foods, fresh deli garlic bread, or pillsbury it up like this or that ... How should i rotate them and adjust the bake time in the oven? I figure baking them all at the same time would be easiest as involved as it will be.

Mind you it'll be the equivalent of cooking 4 loaves of frozen garlic bread at once if that helps gauge advice.
  2. His Swiss Army Wife
    His Swiss Army Wife
    If you have a convection oven that would be the easiest way to go but if not add 10 minutes to the cooking time and switch the pans top and bottom and rotate them about half way through. A big box with lots of towels surrounding everything should help keep everything warm.

You are the cheese to my cannoli .

3. Mmhmm.
    Mmhmm.
    Thanks for those pointers!
    A Pillsbury.com mod/representative? made me aware that they don't advise me to cook more than one package of sticks (12) at once because they wont cook evenly. so that rules that out.
  4. Looking for the sunshine...
    Looking for the sunshine...

So you're just cooking four loaves? Just split them open and lay them right on the racks, side by side.

Bake, place back together making a whole loaf again and then wrap with tinfoil tightly. Place them in a box with a towel over the top.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayo View Post
    So you're just cooking four loaves? Just split them open and lay them right on the racks, side by side.

Bake, place back together making a whole loaf again and then wrap with tinfoil tightly. Place them in a box with a towel over the top.
    this those pepperidge farm garlic bread loaves would work! It's my favy!
  6. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    The Jiffy box of all purpose baking mix is great to use too. Garlic/Cheese biscuits take 10-12 minutes to make at 150. It's awesome just in case anyone needed a quick way to make an appetizer.