Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: King Arthur Flour Products

1. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin

King Arthur Flour Products

Advertisements
    Well ladies, I gave up on the homemade starter....it turned gross. I found this website

www.kingarthurflour.com

I ordered the sourdough starter kit with the crock. I made my first loaf this weekend and it was wonderful. The starter was easy and the bread was easy to make. I ordered their flour too after reading the reviews on their products. If anyone wants to make sourdough...def check them out.

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  2. Senior Member
    As someone who worked at bakeries for a few years, I can say that King Arthur Flours are amazing. One of the bakeries I worked for used ONLY King Arthur 50lb bags of wheat and white flours. Very good product and easy to find too. It's all I use at home.
  3. Account Closed
    Account Closed

That's the only flour I use for baking too, it's more expensive but worth it.
  4. Senior Member
    I've read really positive things about their products. I'm definitely going to give them a try now that I've read your post.

5. Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    Livin~Lovin~Laughin
    The sourdough starter is SOOO easy. I don't know if it's the starter or the flour or both BUT my first loaf was good. Not perfect but I think it's cause I scooped the flour into the measuring cup and dumped it in at one time rather than spooning it in and adding a little at a time. I think my starter was a little too thick for the same reason.

I ordered the Lava Cake baking pans that came with the lava cake mix so I'll let you ladies know how that turns out and I spent so much I got a free scone mix (of course had to buy a scone pan for that since the mix was gonna come regardless) so I'll let you know how that goes. I think I got a pizza crust mix with my pizza stone too LOL...yep I was on a shopping spree.

Can't wait for the box!

"Don't worry about being right,
    just worry about being kind."
    ~Tilly Therber
  6. Senior Member
    I swear by king arthur.