Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Banana Bread?

  1. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #1

    Banana Bread?

    Advertisements
    I have a lot of ripe bananas I want to get rid of! So I thought why not banana bread? Does anyone have a good recipe for one? I've never baked banana bread either so something simple with detailed directions would make it easier for me

  2. I love dress whites!!
    wyochick's Avatar
    wyochick is offline
    I love dress whites!!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,764
    #2
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2/3 cup bananas
    2 eggs
    2 cup flour
    1/4 cup butter
    1/2 tsp baking soda

    mix everything in a mixer or large bowl, pour into greased pan, cupcake tin or any other shaped pan you want. (fill about 3/4 full) bake at 350 until you can stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean! Not exactly sure on the time but it should be a nice darker brown color when it's done!

    I usually double it and make lots! It's my mom's recipe
  3. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #3
    Quote Originally Posted by wyochick View Post
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2/3 cup bananas
    2 eggs
    2 cup flour
    1/4 cup butter
    1/2 tsp baking soda

    mix, bake at 350

    I usually double it and make lots! It's my mom's recipe
    How long do I keep it in for?

  4. I love dress whites!!
    wyochick's Avatar
    wyochick is offline
    I love dress whites!!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,764
    #4
    I went back to edit and make it more detailed!
  5. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wyochick View Post
    I went back to edit and make it more detailed!
    Thank you!

  6. I love dress whites!!
    wyochick's Avatar
    wyochick is offline
    I love dress whites!!
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,764
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CarLooSHoo View Post
    Thank you!

    Your very welcome! Good luck!
  7. Account Closed
    eelo's Avatar
    eelo is offline
    Account Closed
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Va Beach
    Posts
    26,322
    Blog Entries
    1
    #7
    This is a killer recipe for banana bread. It freezes well, and it's always a big hit at work.

    Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread

    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or macadamias would be good too)
    1 generous teaspoon ground cinnamon

    3 large eggs, beaten
    2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 5 medium-size)
    1/2 cup applesauce (original recipe called for vegetable oil; I substitute)
    1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 teaspons vanilla extract

    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixer bowl. make a well in center of mixture. In a smaller bowl, combine beaten eggs and remaining 4 ingredients and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

    Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.

    Yield: 2 loaves
  8. ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    CarLooSHoo's Avatar
    CarLooSHoo is offline
    ♥ All You Need Is Love ♥
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    13,656
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    This is a killer recipe for banana bread. It freezes well, and it's always a big hit at work.

    Hawaiian Pineapple Banana Bread

    3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup chopped pecans (walnuts or macadamias would be good too)
    1 generous teaspoon ground cinnamon

    3 large eggs, beaten
    2 cups mashed ripe banana (about 5 medium-size)
    1/2 cup applesauce (original recipe called for vegetable oil; I substitute)
    1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
    2 teaspons vanilla extract

    Combine first 6 ingredients in a large mixer bowl. make a well in center of mixture. In a smaller bowl, combine beaten eggs and remaining 4 ingredients and add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

    Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4-1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for one hour and 15 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks.

    Yield: 2 loaves
    That sounds delicious. I think I'll try it. I'll let you know how it turns out, I need to buy some ingredients!

  9. Tough times don't last....but tough people do.
    kt1449's Avatar
    kt1449 is offline
    Tough times don't last....but tough people do.
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Mt Pleasant, MI
    Posts
    4,290
    #9
    I just made banana bread today!

    In a small bowl, mix 2 c. flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda.
    Cream together 3/4 c brown sugar, 1 stick (1/2 c. butter)
    Mix into sugar mixture 2 eggs, 1 c. walnuts, 3+ overripe bananas.
    Add in dry ingredients.
    Mix well and bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees, or until toothpick comes out clean.
    It is also excellent if you add a little bit of cinnamon, or sprinkle the top with b. sugar.
    Also good if you add blueberries to it!

    Gettin hype for my wild Single-Girl's weekend with BuckeyeAGF!!
  10. is so happy to have him HOME!!
    JustMrsJoann's Avatar
    JustMrsJoann is offline
    is so happy to have him HOME!!
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lusby, MD
    Posts
    5,383
    Blog Entries
    3
    #10
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1449 View Post
    I just made banana bread today!

    In a small bowl, mix 2 c. flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 1 tsp baking soda.
    Cream together 3/4 c brown sugar, 1 stick (1/2 c. butter)
    Mix into sugar mixture 2 eggs, 1 c. walnuts, 3+ overripe bananas.
    Add in dry ingredients.
    Mix well and bake 50-60 minutes at 350 degrees, or until toothpick comes out clean.
    It is also excellent if you add a little bit of cinnamon, or sprinkle the top with b. sugar.
    Also good if you add blueberries to it!
    I'm gonna try this one today.. sounds yummy.
    Mommy to Gavin and Tristan
    Wife to Nick.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •