Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Bagels day 2!

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Bagels day 2!

Advertisements
    I let the rise for over an hour...They are bigger but still so odd shaped LOL
    Are you scrappy enough for me
  2. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Odd shaped how? They don't tend to look much different after they've been cooked.

3. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennygirl View Post
    Did you do them as a strip then making an O out of them? When I made bagels, I found it better to take a round ball of dough and work my thumb into the center, then poke a hole and put my pointer finger through it onto a flat surface and draw circles through the hole to enlarge it. I found this to work beter than making a strip/snake of dough and trying to get it to stick to itself.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eelo View Post
    Did you do them as a strip then making an O out of them? When I made bagels, I found it better to take a round ball of dough and work my thumb into the center, then poke a hole and put my pointer finger through it onto a flat surface and draw circles through the hole to enlarge it. I found this to work beter than making a strip/snake of dough and trying to get it to stick to itself.
    I do something similar to that with my thumb. It's much easier because the bagels don't come out unevenly after they rise.