Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Banana Bread Recipe........any good ones?

1. Senior Member

Banana Bread Recipe........any good ones?

Advertisements
    Anyone know any good Banana bread recipes, for a bread machine? I made one last night and its horrible lol.

Thank you!
    Navy Wife
  2. He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    He's my popeye, but I'mnoOliveOyl!
    I got one off of Food network's website, a while back.. I made it and it turned out YUMMY!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html

Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not
    and I'm sure happy with what Iíve got
    I live to love and laugh alot
    and thatís all I need

3. BJo
    Banned
    Banned
    I have a great one but I'm at work so no recipe book!
  4. I'm Cristina!
    I'm Cristina!
    I have two different ones that I can try to get to you. I love one and my mom loves the other! lol! I guess it just depends on which one sounds better so I will post them in a little bit
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MelissaMc424 View Post
    I got one off of Food network's website, a while back.. I made it and it turned out YUMMY!!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/t...ipe/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by BrittanyJo View Post
    I have a great one but I'm at work so no recipe book!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdremy View Post
    I have two different ones that I can try to get to you. I love one and my mom loves the other! lol! I guess it just depends on which one sounds better so I will post them in a little bit

Thank you!!!!!!
    Navy Wife
  6. I'm Cristina!
    I'm Cristina!
    Ok I can't seem to find my favorite recipe but here is my mom's and she says it's amazing and her co-workers love it when she has me make some for them I put my input in * and I hope it doesn't take away it's just that's how I make it. I used to make it just like the recipe said and it was fine but I was experimenting and I liked the more cake like texture of the bar with the frosting. Hope it sounds good! lol! I want some banana bread now! And I can't find my recipe Oh well! Enjoy!

Banana Nut Bars

1 cup sugar
    1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium) * I put about 3 or so because I like bananas but that is just me
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour *I like mine more like a cake so I put a little more flour in like 1/2 to 3/4 cup more than what is called for. I just stir it in until the consistency is thick but that is just me
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup chopped nuts *I put walnuts since that's what my mom loves but you can put in which ever kind you like
    Cream Cheese Frosting

Heat oven to 350*F. Grease rectangular pan. 13 by 9 by 2 inches. Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in large bowl with spoon. Stir in flour, baking pwder, baking soda,cinnamon, and salt. Stir in nuts.

Spread butter in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cut into desired number of bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
    1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl. Gradually beat in powdered sugar with spoon until smooth and spreadable.

Make it your way:
    IF you really love bananas you can make Double Banana Nut Dessert.
    Don't frost the bars. Instead, cut the bars into 12 to 16 pieces and top with banana-but ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
    *I have never done this but I would think maybe Ben and Jerry's chuncky monkey would work for the banana-nut ice cream. If you wanted to try it out.
  7. Senior Member
    Ok I can't seem to find my favorite recipe but here is my mom's and she says it's amazing and her co-workers love it when she has me make some for them I put my input in * and I hope it doesn't take away it's just that's how I make it. I used to make it just like the recipe said and it was fine but I was experimenting and I liked the more cake like texture of the bar with the frosting. Hope it sounds good! lol! I want some banana bread now! And I can't find my recipe Oh well! Enjoy!

Banana Nut Bars

1 cup sugar
    1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (2 medium) * I put about 3 or so because I like bananas but that is just me
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 cup all-purpose flour *I like mine more like a cake so I put a little more flour in like 1/2 to 3/4 cup more than what is called for. I just stir it in until the consistency is thick but that is just me
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup chopped nuts *I put walnuts since that's what my mom loves but you can put in which ever kind you like
    Cream Cheese Frosting

Heat oven to 350*F. Grease rectangular pan. 13 by 9 by 2 inches. Mix sugar, bananas, oil and eggs in large bowl with spoon. Stir in flour, baking pwder, baking soda,cinnamon, and salt. Stir in nuts.

Spread butter in pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cut into desired number of bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups powdered sugar

Mix cream cheese, butter and vanilla in medium bowl. Gradually beat in powdered sugar with spoon until smooth and spreadable.

Make it your way:
    Don't frost the bars. Instead, cut the bars into 12 to 16 pieces and top with banana-but ice cream. Drizzle with chocolate syrup.
    *I have never done this but I would think maybe Ben and Jerry's chuncky monkey would work for the banana-nut ice cream. If you wanted to try it out.

Wow thank you so much! this looks yummy
    Navy Wife
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    I have mine posted in the bread thread. It is very good. We don't have any other now.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  9. alyssa87

Banana Nut Bars

1 cup sugar
    1/3 cup vegetable oil
    2 eggs
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    Cream Cheese Frosting

Cream Cheese Frosting

1 teaspoon vanilla
    2 cups powdered sugar

Make it your way:
    sounds yummy! =]

i love banana bread, but never had a recipe for it.
  10. Account Closed
    Account Closed
    Blog Entries
    This is the best banana bread recipe I've ever found, but I don't know if it would work in a breadmaker. I use applesauce instead of oil in most of my baking, but sometimes it cooks faster so start checking 10 minutes before time is up.

3 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    3/4 teaspoon salt
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup chopped walnuts (I prefer pecans)
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    3 large eggs, beaten with fork
    2 cups mashed ripe banana (aout 4-5 large ones)
    1 cup applesauce
    1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained well
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine eggs and remaining 4 ingredients; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened.

Spoon batter into two greased and floured 8-1/2 x 4 1/2 x 3-inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a wooedn pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans and let cool completely on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast