Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hellooooooo

1. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Hellooooooo

Advertisements
    How are you tonight?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  2. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    It's not the night anymore, but I'm saying hello! DH is about to leave for his two weeks and I'm dreading it. DD is 3 now and LOVES her daddy. Any tips to get through the next couple of weeks?
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    It's not the night anymore, but I'm saying hello! DH is about to leave for his two weeks and I'm dreading it. DD is 3 now and LOVES her daddy. Any tips to get through the next couple of weeks?
    I’m not the OP, but here’s what works for us.

- Give her a picture of Daddy that she can have. If she wants to say goodnight to him, or carry it around, or whatever...

- Paper chain or something so she can understand (sort of) how long she has to wait. I know little people aren’t good at time, but she can watch it get shorter and shorter, knowing that the shorter it is the sooner Daddy comes home.

- Give her a job to do. It doesn’t have to be big, just something she can do. If she feels like she’s “helping” while Daddy’s gone, she’ll basically explode with pride. Too busy being proud of what a big grown up girl she is, and how much Daddy trusts her to help out = too busy to be sad all the time. She still might be sad sometimes, but that’s okay.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Those are some great ideas! I'll have to try them. I know bedtime will be the hardest because it has been with him home.
  5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    Those are some great ideas! I'll have to try them. I know bedtime will be the hardest because it has been with him home.
    Just because Daddy isn’t here doesn’t mean he doesn’t love her. He does, very much, and he always will. He has to go away to help his friends for a while, that’s all.

She will be all right.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

YES to all of those tips. Our boys loved the paper chain and just keeping busy.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  7. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    At peach music fest relaxing!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  8. Senior Member
    We have build a bears that dh recorded "I love you *insert name of child here*"

We also celebrated the end of every month he was gone with sparkling cider and cheesecake.....because.....cheesecake