Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Inappropriately comical

1. Senior Member

Inappropriately comical

Advertisements
    We are watching "the good dinosaur" and when **spoiler alert** the dad is swept away by the river, my two year old yelled "no!" In a joking manner. Then all four are cracking up at the saddest part of the movie.

I once laughed so hard at a funeral that I could not contain it and tried to lean on my friend and make it appear that I was crying.... but he was laughing too.... we had to bolt as soon as we could (to be fair, our deceased friend would have laughed too).

We can't be the most inappropriate laughers. What moments have you guys got? Or are we just THAT bad?
    “There is a time in every man's education when he arrives at the conviction that envy is ignorance; that imitation is suicide”

― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I was at a work meeting and someone's promotion was being announced, and the boss made a comment like "so-and-so just OOZES company name's culture" and it was such a weird way of saying it and he really emphasized the oozing part, it just made a funny mental image and I started laughing. Nobody else thought it was funny ... so yeah kinda awkward, got a few dirty looks for that one.

Also we were at a party once and everyone was kind of joking around, well one guy told a really racist and inappropriate joke and everyone was just standing around horrified. Like there were a couple beats of silence and nobody knew what to do, and my intention was to say that was bad or call him out or something, I don't know if I got nervous or it was just because I was drinking but when I opened my mouth to yell at him for some reason I just started cracking up. I felt horrible about that and just ran out of the room and later apologized to the host it just took me aback and I didn't mean to have that reaction and I definitely didn't think it was funny or approve in any way. Luckily everyone knew me well enough to understand.
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    That’s called a giggle loop.

Unfortunately, to know about the giggle loop is to become part of the giggle loop...
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. Senior Member
    Oh boy, the number of times I have nervous-laughed at the worst time...

I cracked up while crying at my grandfather's funeral. Why? Because I was sad, and then had a thought of "why did I not bring a bag of dark chocolate Hershey kisses to sneak into the casket with him???" because he would have loved that. And then I told my two sisters and we all sat there and laugh-cried for a while. And then grandma came over and wanted to know why we were sitting on the floor and also sat down with us and laugh-cried for a while.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyspoonicus View Post
    Oh boy, the number of times I have nervous-laughed at the worst time...

I cracked up while crying at my grandfather's funeral. Why? Because I was sad, and then had a thought of "why did I not bring a bag of dark chocolate Hershey kisses to sneak into the casket with him???" because he would have loved that. And then I told my two sisters and we all sat there and laugh-cried for a while. And then grandma came over and wanted to know why we were sitting on the floor and also sat down with us and laugh-cried for a while.
    Yes, the nervous laugh.... the problem with it is that it doesn't sound nervous at all. It sounds like I'm laughing when I should be comforting someone. I laugh also before the person finishes so they could say something like "this guy did this stupid thing," and I start cracking up, "then he hit my mom with his car.".... oh we're not laughing.... my bad
  6. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I have those moments. I've definitely received a few elbow jabs from DH.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18