Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What does your day look like?

1. Senior Member

What does your day look like?

Advertisements
    Hello hello!

Last time I was somewhat active on this site I had just given birth to my kiddo and he will be 2 at the end of the year. Wow, time flies!

Anywho, point of that statement is to say that my days are certainly different than they were a few years ago. I'm now a stay at home mom to my little guy and my day is now very tiring than it ever was when I was working.

Walk around the neighborhood in the morning, then playtime, lunch, NAPTIME IS THE BEST TIME OF THE DAY, snack/play until dad gets home and then I cook dinner and then little bit snoozes and we start it all over the next day.
  2. Moderator

Naptime is 100% glorious.

I usually wake up to the sound of my 4-year-old fighting with someone because that's what he does. My day consists of some combination of the following, in no particular order, and often repeating:

Feeding people
    Getting the older two (10 and 7) through their schoolwork (homeschoolers)
    Preventing the younger two (4 and 2) from killing each other
    Cleaning/Laundry/errands as needed
    My homework/reading/whatever for school (I'm working on an accounting degree now and I LOVE it!)
    Putting together teaching materials for my church kids (I teach music to kids 3-11)
    NAPS!! sometimes. If the 2-year-old AND the 4-year-old nap, then I do too!
    Getting the kids through their household chores

When DH gets home he usually goes to the gym and takes the kids and I make dinner and do whatever I feel like doing, then they get back and we eat dinner, I read to them (Harry Potter, at the moment), make them clean out the cats' litterboxes, we do family scripture study, prayer, and then bedtime junk. After they go to bed I play video games or read books or watch something on Hulu, or finish schoolwork if I didn't get done during the day. I'm usually up until 2 or 3 because I'm a night owl.

Rinse and repeat! Sometimes most of that goes out the window and we go on field trips to the zoo or aquarium or historical sites or just to play, etc.
  3. Senior Member
    Wake up, get dressed, wake up my daughter, she gets dressed, drop her off at school, go to work, pick my daughter up from after-school care, come home, eat, and go to bed.
  4. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Oh, every day is so different than the prior, but most include elements of calls with clients, going to court meeting new clients, reading police reports, watching videos, and ignoring my boss when she is yelling.
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  5. OG Member
    OG Member
    Blog Entries
    5:45am-6:30am Get up and get dressed
    6:40am- Drop DD off at high school (I still can't believe she's a freshman)
    7:00am-3:30pm- Work
    3:45pm- pick up DD at home and go to one of the following, softball practice, batting lessons, softball game
    8:30 or 9pm- Come home, get showered, eat dinner
    10 or 11pm- Bed

6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Wake up - take pup out - get to work
    My work days are long because I just started an 'administrator in training' program where I get to shadow my administrator 20 hours per week on top of my normal job. Usually work 7a-5p or 7p depending on the day. ~with occasional MSOS breaks LOL
    Get home - take pup out - make dinner ~ I've been more into cooking lately which has been cool
    Tidy up apartment along the way ~ I've also really been good at keeping the house clean which really helps reduce my stress. A clean house is just SO good
    Watch TV/Cuddle with DB and pass the F out
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Wake up
    Work out for ~90 minutes
    Shower and head into office OR head on the road for meetings in my region (I work from home mostly, so my hours are flexible)
    M/Thurs. training run with my friend in her adaptive wheelchair (we're training for a half marathon)
    Either I cook dinner and read/watch Netflix or I go out! Depends on the day of the week!
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    Wake up
    Work out for ~90 minutes
    Shower and head into office OR head on the road for meetings in my region (I work from home mostly, so my hours are flexible)
    M/Thurs. training run with my friend in her adaptive wheelchair (we're training for a half marathon)
    Either I cook dinner and read/watch Netflix or I go out! Depends on the day of the week!
    Damn! Get it girl! I knew you had been looking alot toner!

For me, it varies. Work, work out, kickball practice, eat, and i have kickball games on the weekend.

9. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Damn! Get it girl! I knew you had been looking alot toner!

For me, it varies. Work, work out, kickball practice, eat, and i have kickball games on the weekend.
    <3 <3 <3 you da best.

Are you still training for another half? I'm gonna do one in February about an hour from you!!!
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    <3 <3 <3 you da best.

Are you still training for another half? I'm gonna do one in February about an hour from you!!!
    I'm signed up for a half in April and I'm terrified...I should probably start running huh
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast