Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where would you live?

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Advertisements
    I've always lived in New England and I LOVE it. I definitely like the suburbs surrounding Boston better than CT, but as long as I'm getting 4 seasons, I can make it work
  2. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    State-side: NC mountains (near Asheville or Cherokee), Colorado Springs, or Chicago

Home country: London (obviously) or Durham to be near family.
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    State-side: NC mountains (near Asheville or Cherokee), Colorado Springs, or Chicago

You’re a northerner?

Huh. That is not the accent you had in my head!

To answer OP’s question, definitely somewhere in Victoria, to be near my family. Husband is West Australian, so he’d be a long way from home, but he says he doesn’t mind, and my parents are both alive while his are not. As to where...the Yarra Valley, Gippsland, MAYBE the goldfields? Not Melbourne proper, as we want space for the kids and Husband wants horses (I secretly married a six year old girl, he’d love a pony friend!) but close enough that we could go in if we wanted to. I insist on a big garden, bigger than we have now.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor

No idea. I've lived in OH, GA, NC, WA, and now CO. I'm thinking maybe Charleston SC.

<3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
  5. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    We want to move to Maine, after a stint in Virginia. We'll be happy in Virginia, though.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    We are also living where we want to. Salt Lake City!

Hiking, hiking, hiking! 20 minutes up to a ski resort with the GREATEST SNOW ON EARTH, 1 hour from many camping spots including the Uintas, 5 hours to nationals parks like Moab and Zions, lots of good food and BEER.
    I need to make my way to Utah one day for some hiking! I hear its phenominal

Quote Originally Posted by Love7 View Post
    I've always lived in New England and I LOVE it. I definitely like the suburbs surrounding Boston better than CT, but as long as I'm getting 4 seasons, I can make it work
    DH just put in for orders to CT. While I'm not excited for the possibility of living near Groton (Zillow searches tell me the houses options are nothing we're used to), I'm excited for the possibility of living in that area of the US. I feel like I'd share your preferences. Boston is my favorite city!

My SIL lives in Asheville. We spent a few days with her recently when we were on vacation and there were so many amazing food places!
  7. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    You’re a northerner?

Huh. That is not the accent you had in my head!

To answer OP’s question, definitely somewhere in Victoria, to be near my family. Husband is West Australian, so he’d be a long way from home, but he says he doesn’t mind, and my parents are both alive while his are not. As to where...the Yarra Valley, Gippsland, MAYBE the goldfields? Not Melbourne proper, as we want space for the kids and Husband wants horses (I secretly married a six year old girl, he’d love a pony friend!) but close enough that we could go in if we wanted to. I insist on a big garden, bigger than we have now.
    Well, the whole family *was* from London and I was born there, but when we came to the states, they relocated up to Durham when my uncle started his business and married a Geordie

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I need to make my way to Utah one day for some hiking! I hear its phenominal

DH just put in for orders to CT. While I'm not excited for the possibility of living near Groton (Zillow searches tell me the houses options are nothing we're used to), I'm excited for the possibility of living in that area of the US. I feel like I'd share your preferences. Boston is my favorite city!

My SIL lives in Asheville. We spent a few days with her recently when we were on vacation and there were so many amazing food places!

I just won two tickets to Biltmore yesterday.... guess I gotta go to Asheville now!!!
  8. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Well, the whole family *was* from London and I was born there, but when we came to the states, they relocated up to Durham when my uncle started his business and married a Geordie

I just won two tickets to Biltmore yesterday.... guess I gotta go to Asheville now!!!
    Oh darn
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post

Yes, Groton itself does not have a TON to offer, and it is kind of far from any major cities. I've been putting in work to find stuff to do around here and we have found some fun stuff! But everything is so nice and pretty here, and people are friendly too! More friendly than Boston LOL. Me and DB have a nice 2 bedroom apartment and we do have to spend over his BAH a little :/
  10. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Love7 View Post
    COME BACK!! COME BAAAAAACKKKK!
    I really really really want to!

Dang! Take me with you! I've been wanting to go back to the Biltmore but those tix are way too expensive.

In all seriousness, let me know when you're going to Asheville. D has been dying to go and it has been too long since we have seen you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast