Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: DB's mom coming to visit

1. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

DB's mom coming to visit

Advertisements
    Hey all! So my DB's mom is coming to visit for a week. She will be staying with us, we have a spare room. Both DB and I haven't seen her in 4 years and we are really excited! I have to work but DB is taking some time off so he'll occupy her during the day until I'm off work and then we'll all spend time together

I've never had someone stay with me before, I'm not really sure how to stock the fridge LMAO. DB and I don't keep a lot of food, we buy just what we need and use it up. So, I'm trying to be a good host and make sure I have things for easy breakfast/lunch on days where they want to stay home for meals. Any suggestions on some staple items I should get??
  2. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Love7 View Post
    Hey all! So my DB's mom is coming to visit for a week. She will be staying with us, we have a spare room. Both DB and I haven't seen her in 4 years and we are really excited! I have to work but DB is taking some time off so he'll occupy her during the day until I'm off work and then we'll all spend time together

I've never had someone stay with me before, I'm not really sure how to stock the fridge LMAO. DB and I don't keep a lot of food, we buy just what we need and use it up. So, I'm trying to be a good host and make sure I have things for easy breakfast/lunch on days where they want to stay home for meals. Any suggestions on some staple items I should get??
    Yogurt and fruit is simple and easy. Maybe stuff for sandwiches? Meat, cheese and veggies.

My mom just came to visit us and it was super nice to have "make-ahead freezer dinners" for some nights. I had lasagna, chicken pot pie and some spaghetti sauce frozen.
    It was all homemade so I still felt like I cooked but didn't have to do the work on that day after we had been out doing stuff. It will also save a ton of money instead of going out!

life's a party, rock your body
  3. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Yogurt and fruit is simple and easy. Maybe stuff for sandwiches? Meat, cheese and veggies.

My mom just came to visit us and it was super nice to have "make-ahead freezer dinners" for some nights. I had lasagna, chicken pot pie and some spaghetti sauce frozen.
    It was all homemade so I still felt like I cooked but didn't have to do the work on that day after we had been out doing stuff. It will also save a ton of money instead of going out!
    Great suggestions, thank you! I have this Sunday dedicated to cleaning/getting ready for her to come so I'll do some freezer meals!
  4. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Take her out for Taco Tuesday!
  5. Regular Member
    Blog Entries
    Food, fun and good conversation should dominate the time having a loved one with you.
  6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post

I wish I was your relative - sounds wonderful! I would let you mail the food so you wouldn't even have to clean the house