Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday night, what you doin'?

1. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

Friday night, what you doin'?

Advertisements
    I took a melatonin so I'm abouf to crash, but wanted to know what all do you lovely people have going? Nothing much here, sadly.

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

2. Senior Member
    Spending what I hope is our last night in the hospital. I delivered my DD early Thursday morning and they wanted us to stay again tonight. The nurse just took her to the nursery for a bit and I miss her already, but I’m going to try to get a few hours of sleep. ��
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Spending what I hope is our last night in the hospital. I delivered my DD early Thursday morning and they wanted us to stay again tonight. The nurse just took her to the nursery for a bit and I miss her already, but I’m going to try to get a few hours of sleep. ��
    Awwww

I'm sitting here with my 2 year old asleeP on me watching jeffing RATS outside!!!! I'm looking at cat adoption events going on tomorrow. Hitting a meeting in the morning, got one in tonight. Pretty boring I guess.
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Friday night we ended up going to bed at normal time and getting to sleep in until 8am!!! For my family, that is amazing! Today, it rained so we cleaned out and cleaned gutters, in the rain. haha.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  5. Waiting Around
    Waiting Around
    Blog Entries
    Taking care of the baby like usual. Big kids are in VA for another 4 weeks. I’m traveling with the husband where ever he goes for work
    ❤️❤️❤️
    Follow Rylee's progress

6. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Friday - work

Saturday - work, obsessing about football. I decided I was not allowed to wear my Argentina jersey to work; I can and do wear any other t-shirt under my whites, but if I wore this it would get wrecked. Commenced wearing flag bandana as a cravat, threatening anyone who touched the dial on the radio, etc etc. Arcane voodoo rituals against Icelandic footballers failed to do anything, end result was 1-1 tie.

Sunday - work

It is now Monday, which makes it my weekend. I have acquired an outrageously good batch of croissants to celebrate, and will be testing the structural integrity of the croissant with jam shortly.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  7. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

How were the croissants? I like to put Nutella on mine! Especially if they are still warm!

8. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    How were the croissants? I like to put Nutella on mine! Especially if they are still warm!
    Worth every cent. I know how to make croissants myself, but since I’m a lazy ass I almost never do. Faffing around with from-scratch pastry takes more patience (and colder hands!) than I have. Fortunately, I’ve found a friendly baker who’ll do all the hard work for me.

I don’t have a set favourite thing to put with them. It really depends what I have in the pantry. This week’s lucky winner was the last of an experimental batch of cherry and black pepper jam I made six months ago. Husband calls it “cherry bomb jam”, and thinks he’s being really clever
  9. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

That sounds delicious! Do you have the recipe for it because I think my husband would go nuts for that.

10. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by ALil2Naughty View Post
    That sounds delicious! Do you have the recipe for it because I think my husband would go nuts for that.
    I do. Somewhere, I do. Let me look and I’ll get back to you?

Have you made jam before? It’s not especially difficult, but there are a few safety considerations - it’s very, very easy to burn yourself, and just like all food preservation techniques you have to be scrupulously clean. If you already have that knowledge base, I’ll just give you the recipe and let you go, but if this is all new I’ll do the safety stuff as well.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast