Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

View Poll Results: Do onions make you cry?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

19 79.17%
  • No

6 25.00%
  • I cry rainbows

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resolve a Work Discussion

1. Senior Member
    Blog Entries
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    There is a “correct” way to dice onions.

It makes most people cry less (Petal doesn’t count, apparently...she’s a sweetheart, but this is absurd) and it means you can chop them quickly and evenly, so it’s the preferred method.

- Chop off the top, but leave the root intact at the base. Chop in half, and take the skin off.

- Make horizontal cuts through the half of the onion you’re using, stopping just short of the root

- Make vertical cuts. You’ll get nice even little cubes, leaving the root on means the onion holds together a little better so you can do it faster and it won’t “bleed” to irritate your eyes nearly as much.

A sharp knife and being able to work quickly also helps, because you’re not exposed to as much of the irritant. I’ll show you a video if you need it.

I have never, not ever in my entire life, heard a more bloodcurdling scream than the time my friend Jos was working with hot peppers, chose not to wear gloves, forgot to wash his hands properly and then disappeared into the bathroom...

Washing your hands properly is the first thing we’re taught. We scrub ourselves nearly raw, it’s done so much. This is one of the reasons why. Poor Josi.
    That's what disposable gloves are for!
    If you want my opinion on your relationship or life issues, just ask Villanelle!
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
    I think it's really funny when people come on here, and automatically assume that everyone here is a gung-ho, hoo-rah, i-bleed-red-white-and-blue, kiss-my-military-ass, people-in-uniform-can-do-no-wrong, and i'm-entitled-to-everything bitch.
    "RIP Blackie, and Whitey, New Whitey. Goodbye Poopers and Momma Beige and Lady Grey. New Blackie and the Whitey Sisters rule the roost now!"
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Guynavywife View Post
    That's what disposable gloves are for!
    He knows this now...

Seriously though, in all honesty, choosing not to wear gloves is not exactly uncommon. As counterintuitive as it sounds, it’s actually easier to work cleanly without them. We’re far more likely to remember to wash our hands again than switch to a new pair of gloves.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123