Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: North Carolina!!

  1. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #1

    Jump for Joy North Carolina!!

    Advertisements
    Husbands deployed and I want to do stuff to keep me busy, so a friend and I each closed our eyes and pointed to a spot on a map and then flipped a coin for our destination. We got North Carolina!!! Who lives there? Who’s been there? Neat places to visit there, must sees, and what to do? We’re going early October.
  2. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #2
    Me. What are you trying to see? The mountains and the coast are 6 hours apart and both have a lot of great things to offer. I love both the Blue Ridge Mountains and the Outer Banks.




  3. we were all rooting for you
    KittenMittens's Avatar
    KittenMittens is offline
    we were all rooting for you
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6,675
    #3
    I’m here! I second what she said ^^^
  4. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #4
    Sweet, maybe we could meet up for dinner one day if yall are close?! I heard asheville was an amazing place to see, but honestly I dont know anything about the state. I could live without seeing the coast, but wouldnt be upset if we saw it. lol. Im pretty much up for anything. I love fall and just think trees turning colors are amazing. I was just about to google things to do in NC. Not sure if we should stay in Charlotte or another town. Checking flights looks like we'll have to fly into Charlotte because of the cost.
  5. MilitarySOS Jewel
    Carolina's Avatar
    Carolina is offline
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,641


    #5
    I’d definitely head away from Charlotte and into the mountains in October. I also highly recommend Asheville. I’ll be there this weekend and I’m so excited!
  6. Senior Member
    idratherbehiking's Avatar
    idratherbehiking is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Arendelle
    Posts
    5,783
    #6
    Quote Originally Posted by AdaraMarie View Post
    Sweet, maybe we could meet up for dinner one day if yall are close?! I heard asheville was an amazing place to see, but honestly I dont know anything about the state. I could live without seeing the coast, but wouldnt be upset if we saw it. lol. Im pretty much up for anything. I love fall and just think trees turning colors are amazing. I was just about to google things to do in NC. Not sure if we should stay in Charlotte or another town. Checking flights looks like we'll have to fly into Charlotte because of the cost.
    It sounds like you want to stay up in the mountains, so I recommend Asheville which is 2 hours northwest of Charlotte. The Biltmore is beautiful especially during the fall. Along the way, you should stop at Lake Lure where they filmed Dirty Dancing. It's in a cute little town. I've also been to Grandfather Mountain and Chimney Rock. I always wanted to go to Cherokee but we just didn't have the time. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to meet up because the mountains/Asheville are 6 hours away from me.




  7. Senior Member
    dekeoboe's Avatar
    dekeoboe is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    3,834
    #7
    The mountains of NC will be beautiful in October. You will be there during peak fall colors, so expect the driving to be a bit on the slow side as there well be lots of tourists.
  8. Senior Member
    AdaraMarie's Avatar
    AdaraMarie is offline
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    A Midwest State
    Posts
    644
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    I’d definitely head away from Charlotte and into the mountains in October. I also highly recommend Asheville. I’ll be there this weekend and I’m so excited!
    I have made Asheville must on the list!

    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    It sounds like you want to stay up in the mountains, so I recommend Asheville which is 2 hours northwest of Charlotte. The Biltmore is beautiful especially during the fall. Along the way, you should stop at Lake Lure where they filmed Dirty Dancing. It's in a cute little town. I've also been to Grandfather Mountain and Chimney Rock. I always wanted to go to Cherokee but we just didn't have the time. Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to meet up because the mountains/Asheville are 6 hours away from me.
    Oh darn, 6 hours is quiet a drive just for a dinner meet up. Those sounds like awesome spots to stop...adding to the list!

    Quote Originally Posted by dekeoboe View Post
    The mountains of NC will be beautiful in October. You will be there during peak fall colors, so expect the driving to be a bit on the slow side as there well be lots of tourists.
    Eh, I didnt even think of tourists, just a good time for me and my friend to take off work. But thats ok. We'll just be part of the tourist scene!
  9. Regular Member
    _andimcosette's Avatar
    _andimcosette is offline
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    The Heaven of the South
    Posts
    89
    #9
    Ah I'm from Charlotte so I'm a little biased on that front, but I want to echo everyone who's said Asheville. My friend is from Hendersonville (small town right outside of Asheville) and they do an apple picking festival every year in the fall. She also hikes in Dupont State Forest a lot and loves it. Downtown Asheville is super cute, there are lots of great restaurants, breweries, and art galleries.
  10. One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    germy's Avatar
    germy is offline
    One does not simply Ewok into Endor
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    3,868

    #10
    I'm from Charlotte. Based off what you've said, I'd suggest Asheville also.

    <3 Anthiea <3 KittenMittens <3
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •