Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: North Carolina!!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Oooooh Asheville..... I don't know if there is a more beautiful place in the fall. My cousin lives there, doooo it
  2. Senior Member
    Plans are Asheville!!! We’re going to air bnb because the hotels were ridiculously priced high. I think we’re going second weekend in October... suggestions on better dates? I think we thought oct11-16ish.
  3. Regular Member
    Im in NC!! Asheville/Boone area for the mountains and wilmington for the beach are my favorites!
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nathansgirl View Post
    Im in NC!! Asheville/Boone area for the mountains and wilmington for the beach are my favorites!
    Awesome!!!! We’re looking at tickets now, apparently October is peak season lol... so we’re trying to find best time for best price. I think we’ll do Airbnb too, the hotels there are expensive
  5. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

I've lived in NC my entire life. Asheville is great, you're going to have a blast.

Ocracoke Island on the outer banks is fantastic for a slow paced serenity type spot. We also like going to Kure Beach with the kids and hopping on the ferry over to Southport for awesome crabcakes.

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hope View Post
    I've lived in NC my entire life. Asheville is great, you're going to have a blast.

Ocracoke Island on the outer banks is fantastic for a slow paced serenity type spot. We also like going to Kure Beach with the kids and hopping on the ferry over to Southport for awesome crabcakes.
    I Okracoke! You're not kidding about slow paced! DH and I walked everywhere when we were there. Next time I go, I'm bringing my bicycle.

7. La vie boheme
    La vie boheme

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I Okracoke! You're not kidding about slow paced! DH and I walked everywhere when we were there. Next time I go, I'm bringing my bicycle.
    Yes!! We fell inlove the second a local told us on the week of the Fourth of July that it was busy as she gestured towards the road - there were two cars. DH looked at me and said, "I know where we're retiring to."
    We flew in and Howard's Pub picked us up on their limo-golf cart. Then we just rented a golf cart from the place beside Howard's for the price of two bikes and had it for the entire day. It was great and so quaint. I love the small fishing village full of history and charm ambience.
    And now I want to go. You busy this summer?

Let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth. - 1 John 3:18
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12