Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itís That Time Again

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"

Itís That Time Again

Advertisements
    I’ve just got home from work, checked the messages on my phone...and discovered that one of the messages is my brother serenading me with Jingle Bells, at what sounds very much like the top of his lungs.

I guess it’s that time again.

Have you started hearing Christmas (or other holidays - for the purposes of this thread, getting Maccabeats tracks stuck in your head counts) music when you’re out and about?

Do you have a favourite?

Is there a seasonal tune that you loathe?

I cannot for my life get the video to work, but Tim Minchin’s White Wine In The Sun is the gold standard for me.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  2. Senior Member
    I pretty much hate Christmas music. Very much. "Simply having a wonderful Christmas time" makes me want to stab my own ear drums.
    Clearly the years after the Beatles were unkind if that's what Paul resorted to.

The one song I don't HATE is "have yourself a merry little Christmas."

Dh has joked about me not having fire arm access because we can't afford to replace the radio every time a Christmas song comes on.
  3. Senior Member
    I fucking hate Christmas music. I’ll tolerate some of it but most of it really gets on my nerves, even though I love Christmas and everything else about the season. The worst is when it’s a full grown adult singing about Santa Claus really passionately like with runs and everything like they’re singing the national anthem at the super bowl. Makes me cringe so hard. UGH I hate it.
  4. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I have to say I am not a Christmas lover. And Xmas songs that they start playing in shops from OCTOBER is just about enough to annoy even the ones who actually do like Xmas. The only song I will willingly listen to is The Pogues, Fairytale of New York
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
    I have to say I am not a Christmas lover. And Xmas songs that they start playing in shops from OCTOBER is just about enough to annoy even the ones who actually do like Xmas. The only song I will willingly listen to is The Pogues, Fairytale of New York
    it's Christmas Eve babe, in the drunk tank
    I haven't heard that in forever!!!

for real, my birthday is on Halloween, and before THAT there were trees in stores!
  6. Senior Member
    White Christmas by The Drifters (it HAS to be by The Drifters) and Christmas Wrapping by The Waitresses.

7. Senior Member
    I LOVE Christmas music. I was listening to a bunch of my favorite Christmas songs in June just because I like them, but they have been playing in stores since around Thanksgiving. The stores here put out Christmas decorations in October! All of Bing Crosby's Christmas songs are at the top of my list. I also love choir versions of songs like Silent Night, The Little Drummer Boy, Do You Hear What I Hear.
  8. Moderator

I swear we all get so tired of Christmas music because stores start playing it in October.

I do like The Little Drummer Boy and Hershey kissesí Carol of the Bells commercial though. Thatís about it.
  9. Senior Member
    Iím obsessed with Christmas Music. I do have one song I HATE. Which is Jingle Bells. God love me I hate that song. My favorite is Mary Did You Know and O Come All Ye Faithful
  10. Senior Member
    All of them. I hate all of them. I like giving gifts, and a Christmas tree. But...I do not care for all of the other decorations, and people being obnoxious, and the 6 months of celebration, and all of the music. Puke.
    I misskrissyo 'cause we have a bangin' good time...emphasis on the bangin'.
    Miss[Pregg]O is my twinie!
    TatooBot! is my lesbian partner.

My Blog Updated:Usually weekly, because I forget to update when I updated.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast