Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: OH MY GAWD That used to be me!

1. Senior Member

Shock OH MY GAWD That used to be me!

Advertisements
    Ok, so I joined this page in 2011 when my husband freshly joined the MC. His training took what felt like decades (sig-int) and the rules were soooo rough for us in the beginning.

I just recently remembered about this group. (We had moved and everything got crazy and I legitimately forgot!) My husband is going to OCS so I was going to look up info on people's experiences and whatnot... things to do in Quantico etcetc

of course i start reading threads that are being posted (I feel like this group was much more active in 2011? maybe its just me)

Anywho i read a thread and i was like OMMMGGGG I used to be her! Lol I thought it was funny that i have officially run full circle!

Anywhooooo... I hope to be more active now! I love the threads and the gentle yet firm way some of yall give advice.. Much love ladies!
    Proud Wife of a United States Marine
  2. Senior Member
    I was dating DH when he joined the Marines in 2007, but I didn't join this site until 2014. I've had so many "that used to be me" moments when I read some of these threads

Also, based on what long time members have said this site is a lot less active than it once was.

3. Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    Dancing Backwards in High Heels
    I feel like it used to be a lot more active, in part because in that time frame there were several deployments going on at once. I know DH's original deployment is what brought me to this site.

But to the OP, yeah, I see a lot of myself in some of the younger posters that come in here. Oh to be 18-21 again...back when I knew it all.
  4. Senior Member
    Yes...used to be way more active! I feel the same way with some posts I see...I guess we were all a newbie (whether with the site, the military or our relationship) at some point!

Anywho...welcome back!
  5. Senior Member
    Thanks! I canít believe I didnít utilize this site during deployments. I would have been a big help. Ugh! We had three deployments in 5 years
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HisJuliet View Post
    I feel like it used to be a lot more active, in part because in that time frame there were several deployments going on at once. I know DH's original deployment is what brought me to this site.

But to the OP, yeah, I see a lot of myself in some of the younger posters that come in here. Oh to be 18-21 again...back when I knew it all.
    Yep!! Exactly. Back when I knew everything and the rules were soooooo stupid 😂
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I was dating DH when he joined the Marines in 2007, but I didn't join this site until 2014. I've had so many "that used to be me" moments when I read some of these threads

Also, based on what long time members have said this site is a lot less active than it once was.
    Itís a real bummer that itís not as active anymore. Back in 2011 there were soooo many posts and so many replies, Iíd be lost in the page for hours. Loved it!