Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hot or cold?

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    LMAO forreal! I HATE humidity! I have a debate with my parents over which is hotter: Texas or North Carolina. One is dry and hot, the other is humid and hot. It's a very close tie.
    I was so glad my birthday wasn't super hot because if so, I would have spent the whole night bitching about it to you
  2. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Can I say somewhere in the middle? I loved, loved, loved living in San Diego. The weather was perfect. I also loved living in Massachusetts especially during fall. But, fuck blizzards. I didn't love those
    Pretty much this. San Diego is perfect 75% of the time and nicely tolerable the other 25% of the time.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Do I HAVE to pick “too hot” or “too cold”?

If it’s a clear one or the other, I choose cold. I can do far more about it when I’m cold - more clothes, starting a fire, hot drinks, bothering My Husband The Walking Space Heater...

If I’m too hot, I can strip, but then what do I do when there’s nothing else left to take off?
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSisterWife View Post
    I hate heat. I hate humidity. I hate sunshine. I could live happily in a 50-degree thunderstorm, 365 days a year. I wish I could hibernate in the summertime.
    Hearing someone I always think of as very cheerful and friendly outright say “I hate sunshine” tickles me no end
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Senior Member
    Apparently we might be getting some snow soon. In Florida. People are freaking out a little. I doubt any will stick and i hope I'm right, I don't think many drivers here have much expeeience with snow..
  6. Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    Hearing someone I always think of as very cheerful and friendly outright say “I hate sunshine” tickles me no end
    I know, I am like Pollyanna, but in July in Georgia I get markedly less cheerful! I have incredibly fair skin, a higher-than-average normal body temp that makes me more susceptible to heat exhaustion, and super sun-sensitive eyes. I have like 64 pairs of sunglasses so I will never be unable to find one, because like two minutes in the sun gives me a raging headache! This is NOT my happy climate
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    I was so glad my birthday wasn't super hot because if so, I would have spent the whole night bitching about it to you
    Lol I can't even remember the weather that night. I just remember a lot of sushi and alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    Pretty much this. San Diego is perfect 75% of the time and nicely tolerable the other 25% of the time.
    Yasss! I can't wait until I move back!

8. Senior Member
    I love fall - it's perfect when it's crisp and dry-ish and between 50 & 60 F outside. Plus the smell of the leaves! Perfect for trail rides!
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  9. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Apparently we might be getting some snow soon. In Florida. People are freaking out a little. I doubt any will stick and i hope I'm right, I don't think many drivers here have much expeeience with snow..
    My family's from Wisconsin. We have lots of experience with snow....I took my driver's test in 2 feet of snow. My dad was assisting the quality program of a factory down in Texas (he alternates between TX and FL) and they got 1/2" of light floofy snow. He drove there in like a Toyota Camry or some other tiny little car and the factory was shut down. When he called his contact there to figure out what was going on, the guy had a coniption that my dad dared drive to the factory (it was like a 30 minute drive). "You drove there in this????"

Heck, we moved to Indiana and people here can't drive in snow. It flurries, maybe 1/2" of fluff, and there's people slowing down to 30 on the interstate.
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Spring and Fall. I like the mid temps when it is warm during the day and cool at night.

Right now, it is 9 degrees with a -5 wind chill. I'm tired of it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast