Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: hot or cold?

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Fall weather is definitely my favorite - 50s and 60s. Fall is just my favorite in general because flannels and boots and sweaters and Friday night football.
  2. Senior Member
    I honestly like it all. Where I grew up we had pretty hot summers and very very cold winters. We had one winter when I was in high school where the high temperature each day would be in the single digits and the low would be around -20. My favorite place to go hiking near my hometown still has about 13 feet of snow in spring each year. I don't really mind the snow and cold, but I hate when the snow starts to melt off and is slushy and messy. I don't really mind the heat, but in Southern Oregon there have been forest fires every summer for the past several years and all the smoke is miserable.
  3. Moderator

I love the heat and I love the humidity. I grew up in the south, but after living in Chicago, Kansas City, and Virginia during their winters, I so glad to be back south where I belong

I want to be in shorts, flip flops, and a tee shirt all year round. Itís supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and I am beyond bummed.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by twistertwin View Post
    I love the heat and I love the humidity. I grew up in the south, but after living in Chicago, Kansas City, and Virginia during their winters, I so glad to be back south where I belong

I want to be in shorts, flip flops, and a tee shirt all year round. It’s supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow and I am beyond bummed.
    I don't understand why so many people hate humidity. Where I grew up the air is extremely dry so I thought the humidity in the South would kill me, but I really like it.
  5. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I don't understand why so many people hate humidity. Where I grew up the air is extremely dry so I thought the humidity in the South would kill me, but I really like it.
    omg, no, humid weather can fuck right off I'm not trying to feel like I live in a sauna or I am walking through quicksand all the damn time.
  6. Moderator

I hate heat. I hate humidity. I hate sunshine. I could live happily in a 50-degree thunderstorm, 365 days a year. I wish I could hibernate in the summertime.
  7. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post
    omg, no, humid weather can fuck right off I'm not trying to feel like I live in a sauna or I am walking through quicksand all the damn time.
    LMAO forreal! I HATE humidity! I have a debate with my parents over which is hotter: Texas or North Carolina. One is dry and hot, the other is humid and hot. It's a very close tie.

8. Senior Member
    Can I say somewhere in the middle? I loved, loved, loved living in San Diego. The weather was perfect. I also loved living in Massachusetts especially during fall. But, fuck blizzards. I didn't love those

9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I HATE the heat, and I hate humidity even more. It's been getting down into the 50s here and it's amazing! If I could live somewhere that didn't go below 20 in the winter and above 80 in the summer I'd be golden.

Cannot wait to get the hell outta Hawaii and back to the East Coast!
  10. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    I am heat sensitive. So I can pass out very quickly from getting too hot. On the flip side my joints and bones ache horribly at anything below 50. I prefer the cold though. Just not the snow. I have lived in pretty all kinds. Extreme cold in AK and NY. And extreme heat with humidity in AR, TX, OK. Somewhere in the UK, KY, TN, and WA. WA was too gloomy and wet. I was diagnosed with SAD right after got there.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast