Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Help me plan a trip

1. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by brahette View Post
    Does your state do Real ID licenses? If so, that's another option - they can be used in lieu of passports to go into Canada.
    I dont even know what that is. My license is Arkansas right now. Maybe Texas by then.

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I've been to NYC, Philly, DC, and Boston all multiple times. I love them all for different reasons, but particularly Boston because I lived only 20 miles away in historical Lexington/Concord for 3 years. My vote is Boston because you can take so many day trips out of the city: Salem, the mountains in NH, Vermont, Maine, CT, etc. are all within a couple of hours. The list of things to do is endless. But, expect snow in February and March. Personally, if you choose Boston then I'd push your trip back to May if possible because that's when the flowers on the trees begin to bloom.
    Yes, I have heard about the beauty in the Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by fleurdelis View Post
    I've lived in NYC and Philly, visited DC and Boston a ton, and I wouldn't recommend any of them during the Feb-March time frame. I think we're in for a rough winter in the northeast this year, and as another poster said, a snowstorm/otherwise lousy weather can straight up ruin a vacation. Montreal is one of the best places I've ever been, but I wouldn't recommend going sooner than late April. Have you considered Napa/Sonoma? Also, Charleston can be on the pricier side, but has the weather advantage and lots of history.
    Napa got hit so hard with the wild fires. We drove through Napa on the way down from WA. It is so gorgeous. If we went with San Francisco then we would for sure head to Napa also. Charleston was something I never thought of. I will look into it.
  2. So lost and wandering.
    So lost and wandering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wild*Rose View Post
    ooo if you do that go in October and drive the Kancamagus Highway in NH!! It's gorgeous! It's only about 2.5 hrs north of Boston so you def hit up both in a week!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!!!! This would make my day more than anything else!!
  3. Senior Member
    ooo if you do that go in October and drive the Kancamagus Highway in NH!! It's gorgeous! It's only about 2.5 hrs north of Boston so you def hit up both in a week!

Agreed! Ive driven that highway during fall! Although, I'm still disappointed that in all my trips to the mountains of NH and Vermont that I never saw a moose.

4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    Agreed! Ive driven that highway during fall! Although, I'm still disappointed that in all my trips to the mountains of NH and Vermont that I never saw a moose.
    lol I lived there about half my life (literally 10-22) and never saw one
  5. Senior Member
    lol I lived there about half my life (literally 10-22) and never saw one
    Okay now I don't feel as bad! Right before we moved someone told me they spotted one on the Kancamagus Highway. So we drove all the way out there and nothing. The views were amazing though.

6. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    Thanks for the input guys. I considering pushing it into fall so I can see New England in the fall.

Ooh, if you consider early fall, you should keep Montreal in the mix- when I went a few Octobers ago, I left from about an hour outside NYC and drove through upstate NY over the Canadian border- the scenery was mindblowingly beautiful!!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234