Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: weird hypothetical

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Question - isn’t the UN in the city? So you’d have to be there too? Personally, I’d rather live where I’d need to be at the end of my day. Plus if that’s the city because of the UN, you’d have all the restaurants and excitement there.
  2. Senior Member
    Student housing! I would be more concerned about my classes/etc over experiencing the culture. Plus, if study groups on campus or your externship turned into late hours I would feel more comfortable on campus over needing to take the train back to the city alone late at night.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  3. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

I would choose city. If I was doing an internship overseas I would want to really immerse myself in the culture and really take advantage of being in a new country.
  4. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by katiebee View Post
    I would choose city. If I was doing an internship overseas I would want to really immerse myself in the culture and really take advantage of being in a new country.
    Exactly. You're doing this because you want to be in a different country I assume. You will only be there for a month, take advantage of it all!

life's a party, rock your body
  5. Moderator

I would want to be on campus, since I would definitely be going to class/work more often than I would be going out in town. 20 minutes isn't a big deal either way, but I'd rather risk taking 40 minutes due to delays to get into the city when I'm going out for fun/exploring than taking 40 minutes due to delays when I need to be on time to something that has consequences for tardiness.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Exactly. You're doing this because you want to be in a different country I assume. You will only be there for a month, take advantage of it all!
    exactly. I want the whole international thing. There are tons of internships/externships stateside I could do. So that's the draw of living in the city for me, being immersed in the culture.

Plus where I'm saying, other students are staying as well. Forgot to mention that. The building is students only. Apparently the university there makes first year students stay on campus and then after that actually moves them out into the city. As a visiting student I just get a choice.

and I'm not actually sure where *exactly* the UN is in relation to the school. I should look it up, that's probably important

7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCupcake View Post
    Question - isn’t the UN in the city? So you’d have to be there too? Personally, I’d rather live where I’d need to be at the end of my day. Plus if that’s the city because of the UN, you’d have all the restaurants and excitement there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    I'm not actually sure where *exactly* the UN is in relation to the school. I should look it up, that's probably important
    My answer would definitely be influenced by this info. If the UN is in the city itself, and therefore you'd have to make the trip from campus to city at one point every day no matter what, I'd definitely opt for city. If you're concerned about potential transportation delays, you can always build yourself a buffer in your schedule routine to get to the campus a bit earlier than necessary; any day where the trains are running smoothly and on time, I'm sure you can find somewhere to grab some coffee or breakfast or to study/read until you need to be in class.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12