Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: snow!

1. Senior Member
    Advertisements
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    You have not lived until you’ve gone swimming in your clothes on Christmas Day.

I found the winter Christmas...oddly claustrophobic. It was dark so early, and so difficult to justify going outside. Cosy, but in many ways it felt small.
    you can generally go swimming in Texas on Christmas depending on location. there are plenty of years it's been 75+ degrees.

Quote Originally Posted by Icryinbaseball View Post
    My friend lives in Olympia area. She posted some pictures. We only got 1 snow when we lived in Puyallup. It lasted a couple of hours. And then was gone. When we lived further south in the foothills of Mt. Rainier it never snowed. Lots of ice. But no snow.
    Puyallup is where I am! It snowed two days in a row. It's melted now because it's warmed back up in the 40's.

2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I wish I could see some snow! Most of my work team is in Colorado and apparently they have gotten quite a bit already. This is my first winter in Florida but it never snowed in Texas either so ... we will have to travel if we want to see snow. Next year I want to go somewhere snowy and beautiful like Idaho or Wyoming.
  3. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    I wish I could see some snow! Most of my work team is in Colorado and apparently they have gotten quite a bit already. This is my first winter in Florida but it never snowed in Texas either so ... we will have to travel if we want to see snow. Next year I want to go somewhere snowy and beautiful like Idaho or Wyoming.
    Utah and Montana are where it's at!

life's a party, rock your body
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Utah and Montana are where it's at!
    my step brother lives in Montana and he said it hasn't really snowed yet where he is and that much of it has melted except for in the mountains.

5. Navy Wife Extraordinaire
    Navy Wife Extraordinaire

We have had the weirdest weather in MO. It will be 80 one day and then in the 40s the next. I put away a lot of my warm weather clothes already so mother nature needs to get her shit figured out.
  6. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

It’s still 85 and miserable here. Send me snow!
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    It was 2 this morning and we got to about 23 today. I think we MIGHT get to 28 this weekend; but, the snow is here to stay. All 2 inches of it.
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaCowgirl View Post
    It was 2 this morning and we got to about 23 today. I think we MIGHT get to 28 this weekend; but, the snow is here to stay. All 2 inches of it.
    where the heck are you????? that's cold!

9. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    Here in Portland, OR we've got highs less than 60 all week and with a wind advisory of 45-60 mph winds! No snow in the valley yet though. The mountains less than an hour's drive away are covered though! <3
  10. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel
    Quote Originally Posted by bdizzle View Post
    where the heck are you????? that's cold!
    Dakotas...
    "Obstinacy is a fault of temperament. Stubbornness and Intolerance of contradiction result from a special kind of Egotism, which elevates above everything else the pleasure of its own autonomous intellect, to which others must bow.: Carl von Clausewitz
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast