Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Hey guys

1. Regular Member

Hey guys

Advertisements
    Hey guys,
    My bf is away at NTC for a month. We've been at Ft Stewart for a few months now and I still don't have a ton of friends. My bf has been gone for about a week now and I'm kind of having a tough night. I'm just looking for someone to chat with.

How is everyones day going?
  2. Senior Member
    I went to college not far from Ft Stewart and LOVE Savannah! Have you ventured that way to explore? Are you from the area?
  3. Regular Member
    I am actually from Kansas. I met my boyfriend when he was at Fort Riley. Ive been downtown quite a few times but usually with my boyfriend or I've had some family visit. We live in Richmond Hill so we are not too far. I'm hoping to find a job in savannah. But not having much luck.
  4. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaseyna View Post
    I am actually from Kansas. I met my boyfriend when he was at Fort Riley. Ive been downtown quite a few times but usually with my boyfriend or I've had some family visit. We live in Richmond Hill so we are not too far. I'm hoping to find a job in savannah. But not having much luck.
    What kind of job are you looking for? It’s a fun city...just wait til St. Patrick’s Day...so much fun!
  5. Regular Member
    I have heard that St. Patrick's day is pretty much legendary there. I think my boyfriend will be deployed by then. But heck I'll go by myself if I have to. haha.
    I have an accounting and finance degree. But I graduated in 2016 and then we moved to Ft Benning because my bf had MCCC. So I pretty much need an entry level position and I have 1 year of internship experience. But most job listings I see was 2-5 years of experience.
  6. Senior Member
    I have heard that St. Patrick's day is pretty much legendary there. I think my boyfriend will be deployed by then. But heck I'll go by myself if I have to. haha.
    I have an accounting and finance degree. But I graduated in 2016 and then we moved to Ft Benning because my bf had MCCC. So I pretty much need an entry level position and I have 1 year of internship experience. But most job listings I see was 2-5 years of experience.
    St. Pats is a bit away...so hopefully youíll meet some people to go with...but fun by yourself too! Check out temp/staffing agencies if you havenít already...great way to get your foot in the door and gain more experience! I struggled with finding something when I graduated with my finance degree too. No one really cared about the degree...just about experience.
  7. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    St. Pats is a bit away...so hopefully you’ll meet some people to go with...but fun by yourself too! Check out temp/staffing agencies if you haven’t already...great way to get your foot in the door and gain more experience! I struggled with finding something when I graduated with my finance degree too. No one really cared about the degree...just about experience.
    I sure hope I meet people before then! I will probably go crazy if not. I did interview today with a temp agency. So hopefully I get something from that. But its hard with accounting because my main experience is in tax and most public firms still want their tax professionals to be sitting for the CPA exam and I would need a masters degree for that. Which I want to get at some point but we don't have a school near us that has a masters of accountancy program and doing it online costs a FORTUNE.
  8. Senior Member
    I'm hoping to visit Savannah soon! Oh and I'm working toward a degree in accounting.
  9. Senior Member
    I sure hope I meet people before then! I will probably go crazy if not. I did interview today with a temp agency. So hopefully I get something from that. But its hard with accounting because my main experience is in tax and most public firms still want their tax professionals to be sitting for the CPA exam and I would need a masters degree for that. Which I want to get at some point but we don't have a school near us that has a masters of accountancy program and doing it online costs a FORTUNE.
    Good luck! My first ‘big girl job’ (AKA, out of college gig) was through a temp agency. I got hired on and ended up in website support which has spiraled into IT work and then admin work due to moving so much. Now that we’re moving again I’m going back to IT! In other words, don’t get too stuck on one path and find what you love. I still love numbers...but really found my niche in IT and absolutely love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I'm hoping to visit Savannah soon! Oh and I'm working toward a degree in accounting.
    Nice! Are you in Florida now? We’re in Orlando
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    That's awesome! Savannah is beautiful we really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthused Meerkat View Post
    Good luck! My first ‘big girl job’ (AKA, out of college gig) was through a temp agency. I got hired on and ended up in website support which has spiraled into IT work and then admin work due to moving so much. Now that we’re moving again I’m going back to IT! In other words, don’t get too stuck on one path and find what you love. I still love numbers...but really found my niche in IT and absolutely love it!
    Okay I will definitely keep that in mind. I thought about maybe doing banking. But the lady I talked to at the temp agency said once you get into banking its hard to get into any other parts of accounting. And with having to move I know I need to be open to new things. At this point I'm even looking into just administrative jobs that maybe do accounts receivable or payable tasks. That way I at least get some kind of hands on experience.