Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Christmas Crafties!

1. Senior Member

Christmas Crafties!

Advertisements
    Hey ya'll,

So it's been a weird, weird week both at work and home (short version: lost a ton of respect for my boss, lots of shenanigans with one particular contractor, weird installation issues, coupled with apparently where I board my horse it's not zoned agricultural at all). Let's have a happy, crafty post for giggles!

I have a very tiny online knitting shop, and for some reason also decided I was going to make some knitted Christmas presents. I keep adding to this list.... But I have two gifts halfway done, one gift an eighth done, need to start the fourth, and have a couple designs I want to release by Christmas. Ho boy!

Here's some of the stuffs, I can't get the image to post properly here for some reason, but it's hosted on Flickr: https://flic.kr/p/XXLq8K

(Deer dishcloths + scrubbies + Monkey Fart soap for my dad, full nativity scene for my mom, Marine-themed hat & scarf for my grandpa, and hedgehog dishcloths for a friend couple - not started yet)

Is anyone else crafting some gifties? Show me!! I'd love to see some neat projects!
  2. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I usually make food gifts. It's a family tradition that at least some of the gifts must be made instead of bought, and cooking is the only thing I'm good at!

Here's my to-to list

- Pineapple (alcoholic) cider. Every year, this request.
    - toffee for kids
    - candied nuts for Husband
    - tomato chutney
    - smoked trout for my sister, who LOVES it
    - limoncello
    - peach, ginger and brown sugar infused bourbon for Pichi (one of my other brothers)
    - preserved lemons
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    I usually make food gifts. It's a family tradition that at least some of the gifts must be made instead of bought, and cooking is the only thing I'm good at!

Here's my to-to list

- Pineapple (alcoholic) cider. Every year, this request.
    - toffee for kids
    - candied nuts for Husband
    - tomato chutney
    - smoked trout for my sister, who LOVES it
    - limoncello
    - peach, ginger and brown sugar infused bourbon for Pichi (one of my other brothers)
    - preserved lemons

That all sounds delish!!!!
    I live dangerously - I drink whiskey while knitting.
  4. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    With the exception of the smoked trout, none of it is very complicated. But of course, they don't need to know that
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  5. Senior Member
    I'm super into crafts and DIY stuff! I haven't started my Christmas ones because I'm still stuck on fall (it's my favorite season! )

I have a lot of projects going right now: I just re-did my husband's hideous fish tank (took me about a week but I'm done!); I made a Halloween wreath and I'm fixing to make a fall wreath; and I'm still working on DHs and my Halloween costumes for the Disney World Halloween Party.

I'll probably start my Christmas projects sometime in November.

6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    With the exception of the smoked trout, none of it is very complicated. But of course, they don't need to know that
    I won't tell if you won't tell how easy the pattern is for the dishcloths I'm making! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbehiking View Post
    I'm super into crafts and DIY stuff! I haven't started my Christmas ones because I'm still stuck on fall (it's my favorite season! )

I have a lot of projects going right now: I just re-did my husband's hideous fish tank (took me about a week but I'm done!); I made a Halloween wreath and I'm fixing to make a fall wreath; and I'm still working on DHs and my Halloween costumes for the Disney World Halloween Party.

I'll probably start my Christmas projects sometime in November.
    I think I'd go nuts if I didn't start until November. But as soon as I start my list I end up doubling it...maybe that's actually the problem, lol.

What kind of wreaths are you making??? I've seen so many super neat ones but never have been able to make a half-way decent looking one.
  7. Senior Member
    And a cow washcloth complete! Added two of these for the people who run the farm where my horse is currently boarded (to be moved at the end of the month, but that's another story). See here, since I still can't get pictures to cooperate:https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ7jbt9A20G/