Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: So We're Getting New Money

1. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"

So We're Getting New Money

Advertisements
    It's very bright, and absurdly high tech. Who wants to see plastic fantastic drunk money?

If it's anything like the updated $5 they released a little while ago, you can play a vinyl record with it
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  2. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

That looks so cool!

I feel like American money is so boring but maybe that's because I see it so much ... but I love how colorful other country's currencies are!
  3. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojai View Post
    That looks so cool!

I feel like American money is so boring but maybe that's because I see it so much ... but I love how colorful other country's currencies are!
    That's what makes it such good drunk money. You CANNOT MISS IT. Even if you are a complete mess, it's completely impossible not to know what your money is.

The $5 note is bright pink (with the Queen on one side and Parliament House on the other)

$10 is obviously blue. Andrew Barton Paterson on one side, Mary Gilmore on the other. Two poets, and there are sections from their poems on the older notes which I assume will still be there on the new.

$20 is red. Very red. Mary Reibey (convict woman transported to Australia, who finished her sentence and then became frankly terrifying in how competent she was in business) and John Flynn (started the Royal Flying Doctor Service; his side of the note is very plane-centric!)

$50 is yellow. David Unaipom (inventor) and Edith Cowan (first woman in parliament)

$100 is green. Nellie Melba (opera singer) and General John Monash (one of the greatest military commanders we've ever had, he basically invented combined arms doctrine and then everyone else realised it worked)
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    I love money like that! I have a Canadian 5 I keep in my wallet and sometimes when I'm getting regular US money out, people see it and are like "What is THAT??!"
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    that's way cool, and would have saved me a lot of unnecessary drunk money confusion in college
  6. I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    I've got 32 flavors of that bootylicious bubblegum.
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I love money like that! I have a Canadian 5 I keep in my wallet and sometimes when I'm getting regular US money out, people see it and are like "What is THAT??!"
    Oh god, I am still trying to get rid of all the monies I collected from all over Europe. The other day I paid for something and the guy was like, "Uh, this is not a quarter." It was a Polish Zloty.

life's a party, rock your body
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post
    I may be wrong, but I think we print Canada's money for them. I know we print for at least eight countries that aren't us, and we hold most of the relevant patents for polymer note technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    that's way cool, and would have saved me a lot of unnecessary drunk money confusion in college
    It's fundamentally Monopoly money, and who hasn't occasionally wanted to pay for their shots with that?

Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle View Post
    Oh god, I am still trying to get rid of all the monies I collected from all over Europe. The other day I paid for something and the guy was like, "Uh, this is not a quarter." It was a Polish Zloty.
    Are bonus points awarded if the money is for a currency that doesn't exist any more?

I have Argentine money that was worthless even when it was legal tender - hyperinflation is a bitch. I've given most of it to my kids to play with.
  8. Old Newbie
    Old Newbie
    I love how awesome other countries money is. I have a little box I have tons of different kinds of currency in. It's not worth anything here, but I find it really interesting and fun!
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    The monopoly money strikes again!

I'm not entirely sure why they've skipped to replacing the 50 before the 20, but here we are.

I think I prefer the old design, to be honest. There's a clearer sense of what each of them did on the old notes. Still, it's not a bad design.