Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Bumpy Itches

1. Regular Member

Neener Red Bumpy Itches

Advertisements
    Does anyone else have a problem similar to when you take your pants off after coming home from work, patches of red itchy bumps appear on your legs?

Like literally almost every time the moment I get home and change into shorts my hamstrings get a few decent sized bumpy itchy patches (probably hives) on them, and then they go away after about an hour or two of being exposed to air. Am I allergic to the dogs, something else?

Feel free to add any other weird/unexplained medical phenomena that other people may or may not have experience(d), I find it interesting and like to theorize things.
  2. Senior Member
    It could be a lot of things. Do your legs get pretty hot while you are wearing the pants? The fact that it goes away pretty quickly makes me think it's a heat rash.
  3. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

I would guess it's the pants or the heat, not the dogs.

I also love theorizing about my various medical experiences
  4. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    I would guess it's the pants or the heat, not the dogs.

I also love theorizing about my various medical experiences
    I was thinking possibly laundry detergent or something you're using on the pants
  5. Senior Member
    my newest tiny human gets heat rash like that.

I am allergic to latex....
    every time my son gets a haircut they give all the kids latex balloons, so that's great....
    also, I have an extreme love for whoopie cusions that supersedes my itchy face and coughing up a lung.
    Don't judge me.
  6. Senior Member
    Nobody believes this one but I'm allergic to exercise. Whenever I run or hike or walk long distances without taking an antihistamine my legs turn bright bright red or break out in hives and become unbearably itchy and I can taste blood in my mouth.
  7. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Nobody believes this one but I'm allergic to exercise. Whenever I run or hike or walk long distances without taking an antihistamine my legs turn bright bright red or break out in hives and become unbearably itchy and I can taste blood in my mouth.
    Is this like... a doctors diagnosis? The same thing happens to me but I figured it was because my mouth/throats gets dry (i breathe through my mouth when I run) and my legs are stupid white.
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina View Post
    Is this like... a doctors diagnosis? The same thing happens to me but I figured it was because my mouth/throats gets dry (i breathe through my mouth when I run) and my legs are stupid white.
    Allergic to exercise? No it's just what I call it I googled my symptoms once and it came up as exercise induced anaphylaxis. It also doesn't happen if I take an antihistamine so I figure it's some sort of allergy thing - worth a shot if it's bothering you
  9. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    This runs in my family as well. My cousin as actually diagnosed, but many people have the symptoms.
  10. Regular Member
    YES. I get this all the time. I really think it's from the heat as mine is much worse in the summer. Mine is also much worse when I shave my legs (lol- don't have the motivation to do that one everyday!) I think the combined irritation from heat, clothes rubbing, dry skin/shaved skin, all affects mine. As long as I don't mess with it then it goes down relatively quickly, but it is very uncomfortable.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast