Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Apple Watch?

1. Senior Member

Apple Watch?

Advertisements
    Anyone have any positive or negative reviews of the Apple Watch? My life is about to get real busy and I'm considering getting one so that I don't miss important texts or calls when I don't have my phone in hand. I'm also interested in using the heart rate application for monitoring the physical symptoms of my anxiety. Does anyone have one and find it either useful or useless?

Also does a 38mm band fit tiny wrists?
  2. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I LOVE my Apple Watch!

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch...A&step=detail#

the link has the measurements for the 38mm version. I have the stainless version and haven't found a reason to not like it and I've had it since October. I decided on the stainless version because of the sapphire face and how it doesn't scratch. I don't have any scratches on the face and I'm super clumsy. Version 2 watches are water resistant to 50m.

Best watch I've ever owned.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  3. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    I LOVE my Apple Watch!

https://www.apple.com/shop/buy-watch...A&step=detail#

the link has the measurements for the 38mm version. I have the stainless version and haven't found a reason to not like it and I've had it since October. I decided on the stainless version because of the sapphire face and how it doesn't scratch. I don't have any scratches on the face and I'm super clumsy. Version 2 watches are water resistant to 50m.

Best watch I've ever owned.
    Thanks! Do you think the Series 2 is worth the extra $$$? Best Buy currently has 70 off the Series 2 and Target has 70 off the Series 1 so they're cheaper but the price difference is still the same.
  4. Senior Member
    I got mine as a gift so I don't know the whole differences and all....but I have said when I am out and about I enjoy having it cause yea I know when someone is calling. When I am home I don't have it one cause normally my phone is by me.
  5. Senior Member
    I want one so bad but only because I recently decided that I think they're cute. I have the smallest wrists ever and the 38mm fits me fine, I use the second hole strap I think? (My grandma has one and I've tried it on a bunch of times trying to decide whether I want to buy one.) I'm going to wait until the new one comes out in September I think before I pull the trigger though, just because Apple tends to lower the prices of the previous models. I also wanna see what features the new one has. Something about a smart strap is rumored, idc about that so I'm hoping to just get a deal on the series 2.
  6. Senior Member
    Thanks guys! Any input on off-brand bands? I'm not about to pay hundreds of dollars for Apple's leather or pretty metal ones
  7. Moderator

I have the series 2 in rose gold and love it so much! One of the best things I've ever bought just for myself.

Mine came with the light pink rubbery sport band. I liked it a lot. I just changed it to the pink and blue nylon band. I haven't bought an off brand band, but my best friend has a few and they've all worked well. I did buy a shield with tempered glass to go over he top because I am scared of scratches. I got it on amazon for super cheap and its lasted way better than the film screen protectors.

I go to the gym and also run and love that it all syncs up to the activity app and the health app.
  8. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

Quote Originally Posted by kt_bug View Post
    Thanks! Do you think the Series 2 is worth the extra $$$? Best Buy currently has 70 off the Series 2 and Target has 70 off the Series 1 so they're cheaper but the price difference is still the same.
    I do. Water resistance was a priority for me.

I have a red nylon, Tiffany blue nylon, and brown leather band from https://www.monoweardesign.com/ I haven't bought any Apple bands, other than what came with it. I like the quality of this brand.
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
  9. MilitarySOS Jewel
    MilitarySOS Jewel

I want the series 2 Nike one so bad! DH has the original and he loves it. The series 2 for me is important because it's water resistant to 50m and it has the run application. I can literally use one watch for a watch (sporty and going out), at the gym, and running, without being super paranoid I'd ruin it from sweat.
  10. Ummmmm...........
    Ummmmm...........
    Blog Entries

I looovvveee my Apple Watch. I've had it for going on two years. I have the 38mm. I have smallish hands and would be overwhelmed with a larger watch I think. I would love to get the Nike series 2 but my watch is perfectly fine and it's hard to justify the upgrade.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast