Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any ladies taller than their male SO?

1. Senior Member

Any ladies taller than their male SO?

Advertisements
    Do you wear heels around him? DB is 2-3 inches shorter than I am and the both of us couldn't care less about it, but wearing heels just seems to increase the frequency of comments about it which is... annoying to say the least
  2. Senior Member
    Dh SWEARS we are the same height.... I am an inch taller. He always swears he was slouching when they measured him (every time).
    Wearing heals is something I avoid if at all possible because I hate them. I'm already 5'9". I don't need to be taller. I'm happy with that.
    I did to the navy ball, that was the last time, and nearly broke my neck (they weren't crazy high either, I'm just a klutz)
  3. Senior Member
    men can be so funny about their height. DB used to be super insecure about it until I finally convinced him that I 100% did not care. He's like legitimately pretty short though at 5'4.

I usually don't wear heels but I had just started getting more into heels and heeled boots and wedges when DB and I started dating so now I have a bunch.
  4. Pour a little salt, we were never here
    Pour a little salt, we were never here

My BFF and her sister deal with this. They actually both like heels but still want to be shorter, so they honestly found guys who fit that need. It obviously wasn't their only qualification but it was something they considered. If he's 5'4 though, I'd probably just get used to the comments because heels or not he will get comments with or without a girl (not being mean, I have a disease that stunts growth and all the guys with it deal with that on the regular).
  5. Senior Member
    I'm about 5'7" and DB is maybe only an inch or so taller. I generally wear flats for comfort and I don't like being much taller than him. He couldn't care less, if it were up to him I would be in heels all the time.
  6. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [his] lobster View Post
    My BFF and her sister deal with this. They actually both like heels but still want to be shorter, so they honestly found guys who fit that need. It obviously wasn't their only qualification but it was something they considered. If he's 5'4 though, I'd probably just get used to the comments because heels or not he will get comments with or without a girl (not being mean, I have a disease that stunts growth and all the guys with it deal with that on the regular).
    Yeah he does still get comments obviously. It's just something he used to be real insecure of so I'm trying not to feed into it by inviting more.

He's short but big so he can never find clothes that fit He needs like a small for the length but then the arms and chest are skin tight. It's a struggle haha
  7. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    I'm not taller than Husband (he's right at the "come on now, that's ABSURD" end of the human growth chart ) but I have been taller than some previous exes...

For one in particular, this was a problem; I had at least four inches on him even in bare feet, so it wasn't something that could be downplayed very much even if I tried. At first he said he didn't mind, but the longer we lasted and the more comments we got, the more it bugged him. Over time it got worse and worse.

By the time I ditched his ass, he was using pain (he used to pinch me) as a reminder for me to slouch standing next to him. Heels were right out.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  8. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchbox View Post
    I'm not taller than Husband (he's right at the "come on now, that's ABSURD" end of the human growth chart ) but I have been taller than some previous exes...

For one in particular, this was a problem; I had at least four inches on him even in bare feet, so it wasn't something that could be downplayed very much even if I tried. At first he said he didn't mind, but the longer we lasted and the more comments we got, the more it bugged him. Over time it got worse and worse.

By the time I ditched his ass, he was using pain (he used to pinch me) as a reminder for me to slouch standing next to him. Heels were right out.
    I hope you drop kicked him
  9. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2Doula View Post
    I hope you drop kicked him
    Oh yes.

There were other layers to his inferiority complex too. Not only was I notably bigger than him, I also earned a lot more money than he did (thank you mining boom) and had a job that demanded we spend a lot of time apart - he had to wait for me, and he didn't like that either. All three stung his pride, I think. Without any intent from me, he ended up feeling less of a man, and he hated it.

The height was the one he chose as a weapon, I think because it was the only one we both knew I couldn't help. If you want to make someone feel guilty, attack something they can't do anything about.
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  10. Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    Do or do not... There is no try.~ Yoda, Jedi Master
    "Well, if there's a bright center to the universe, you're on the planet that it's farthest from."

I was taller than first dh. By about two inches.

Now? Not even close. I'm 5'11" (dh says I'm 6') and he is 6'7".
    I'm not Lynn, but we ARE MSOS Best Friends and MSOS Twins.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast