Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com

Thread: Psychic Readings?

1. Regular Member

Psychic Readings?

Advertisements
    Has anyone ever called a psychic over the phone? I'm thinking of trying it. Wanted to know what you all thought. The good and bad!
  2. Senior Member
    Even people who believe in psychic readings generally agree that these are a scam. I've only had a reading once and I didn't seek it out or pay someone. I was chatting with a woman about her cute dogs and apparently my story was projecting itself very loudly to her, so she decided to share. Mine was mostly positive, but I imagine if it was something bad it would be hard to stop thinking about.
  3. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    Even people who believe in psychic readings generally agree that these are a scam. I've only had a reading once and I didn't seek it out or pay someone. I was chatting with a woman about her cute dogs and apparently my story was projecting itself very loudly to her, so she decided to share. Mine was mostly positive, but I imagine if it was something bad it would be hard to stop thinking about.
    Yeah that's what I think too regarding the scam stuff, just wanted to see if anyone had a positive experience where the person was correct. I think I'll save my money though lol. Thanks!
  4. The name says it all!
    The name says it all!

I have to agree with Sabrina. Especially for the ones who charge money for a "reading".

DH: Thank you. ME: For what, babe? DH: For being you.

5. "...now do Classical Gas"
    "...now do Classical Gas"
    My grandmother used to do fortunes with playing cards. Not tarot cards, nothing special, just ordinary playing cards.

I haven't got a clue where she might have learned this, but whenever she had friends (or grandchildren) around and there was nothing else so important to do, she'd get the deck of cards out and offer answers to whatever stupid questions people thought to ask.

They DID sometimes come true. I'm 99% sure she was making it up as she went along...but she was unstoppable about football tipping every week!
    If I cannot move heaven, I will raise hell
  6. Regular Member
    I am 100% on the side that fortune telling is a bunch of bs, but my mom just used one of those animal whispers and it still has me mind boggled.

I tried to talk my mom out of this, but she so beyond frustrated with her horse she will try anything. She paid $40 to a well known "horse whisper" who then set up an over the phone appointment. My mom was really skeptical, but she is retired and wants to figure out what is going on with the horse so she figured wth, with my dad making fun of her the whole time. So, the "whisper" calls my mom and has only been given the information that the horse does not respond to some training and no one can find a reason why. No names, gender, color, age, nada on this horse. The "Whisper" in 20 min told my mom that the horse was a mare, very young, big, is often called big Bella, wont pick up her right lead, and is buddies with a very large horse who is the biggest horse in the herd, bigger than he should be and is a gelding". All 100% accurate. My parents do compete so their names are listed on website for competitions, but no horse names or info are given and this horse has not competed yet so she has never been photographed or performed in public. I checked my mom's FB, no info at all on any horses. I am still scratching my head (so is my dad) and trying to figure out how this lady did it. The lady did tell me that the problem with the horse was in the shoulder joint and the horse feels off balance, took her to the vet (who she had seen twice recently) he confirmed their was a shoulder issue, did some chiro on her and problem has been solved.

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
  7. Senior Member
    I paid 5 bucks for a fortune teller once, she said my daughter was a boy when I was pregnant. I'm never spending money on it again. It was a fun thing to do I guess, don't place bets based on answers though!
  8. Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Well, I do think a psychic/fortune teller would do just as good of a job over the phone as in person, so there's that. By which I mean I don't think it would be meaningful either way.

I have visited fortune tellers before but it's something I look at as purely entertainment.