Military Significant Others and Spouse Support - MilitarySOS.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today I learned...

1. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you

Today I learned...

Advertisements
    ...that "great toe" on your x-ray isn't a compliment, it's just the anatomical name for your big toe I broke it in four places at the gym when I dropped a weight on it today! Now I can't drive and my Memorial Day weekend will involve lots of couch time and ice. Ugh.

How's your Wednesday going???
  2. Senior Member
    I'm so sorry about your broken toe, but I'm laughing imagining this!

The Great Food Truck Race is filming here today, so I am hoping I can dash downtown and get some food. I have a deep love for food trucks.
  3. Regular Member
    Ouch!! Sorry about your toe.

I am just counting down to Friday, having a hard time concentrating today. I shut the blinds on my office window to keep me from staring out and wishing I was outside now that it stopped raining. Now I am just staring at the blinds wishing I could see outside.

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
  4. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Ugh that sounds super painful!

I'm on an all-liquid diet because I'm having a colonoscopy tomorrow. So fun
    Realllllllllly not looking forward to the bowel prep tonight after work.
    WiggleWiggle~ is my Wifey
  5. Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rocket_lizz View Post

Omggggg I have to schedule my next one today. I don't wanna.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  6. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Omggggg I have to schedule my next one today. I don't wanna.
    This is my first one! I don't even have anything acutely wrong or any risk factors but I've had a lot of abdominal surgeries so my GI doc was like "I'm curious about what it looks like inside! You might have scar tissue in your colon! Let's find out!!!!"

So I am hoping if it all looks good I won't have to do another til I'm old.

Is the prep really as bad as everyone says? I talked them into giving me the Suprep since it's such a smaller volume of nasty tasting stuff. But I'm still nervous.
  7. Senior Member
    This is my first one! I don't even have anything acutely wrong or any risk factors but I've had a lot of abdominal surgeries so my GI doc was like "I'm curious about what it looks like inside! You might have scar tissue in your colon! Let's find out!!!!"

So I am hoping if it all looks good I won't have to do another til I'm old.

Is the prep really as bad as everyone says? I talked them into giving me the Suprep since it's such a smaller volume of nasty tasting stuff. But I'm still nervous.
    Yes, it is pretty awful, at least to me. This is going to be graphic: Eventually you get to the point where you're just basically peeing out of your butt. Get some wet wipes because it will get sore down there. The hardest for me is the no eating/liquid diet because I really hate not eating.
    Never do anything halfway unless you want to be half happy.

Is this a dream? If it is, please don't wake me from this high. I'd become comfortably numb
    until you opened up my eyes to what it's like when everything is right...I can't believe you found me ♥
  8. we were all rooting for you
    we were all rooting for you
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabrina22LE View Post
    I'm so sorry about your broken toe, but I'm laughing imagining this!

The Great Food Truck Race is filming here today, so I am hoping I can dash downtown and get some food. I have a deep love for food trucks.
    The nurse lost it when I asked her about the x-ray

Quote Originally Posted by TheBitterSpouse View Post
    Ouch!! Sorry about your toe.

I am just counting down to Friday, having a hard time concentrating today. I shut the blinds on my office window to keep me from staring out and wishing I was outside now that it stopped raining. Now I am just staring at the blinds wishing I could see outside.
    Sooooo close though! Do you have weekend plans?

omggggg no! My dad's got his surgery next week and he can only have liquids for 36 HOURS BEFORE. I'd be so hangry! Hopefully tomorrow goes well and you can eat nommy food afterwards.
  9. Team Rocket
    Team Rocket
    Quote Originally Posted by missinghim View Post
    Yes, it is pretty awful, at least to me. This is going to be graphic: Eventually you get to the point where you're just basically peeing out of your butt. Get some wet wipes because it will get sore down there. The hardest for me is the no eating/liquid diet because I really hate not eating.
    Ok I have baby wipes already (use them on the cats) so I will keep those nearby. I have 3 kinds of juice, 3 kinds of gatorade and 3 kinds of jello with me at work today. I brought a picnic basket full of bottles with me today

The part I'm worried about the most is getting up at 3 am to take the second dose, I am terrible at waking up in the middle of the night.
  10. Regular Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KittenMittens View Post

Sooooo close though! Do you have weekend plans?
    We are having a BBQ and a little 1st Birthday Party for baby girl. We were planning to put out all the yard toys, toddler water tables, pools, squirt guns, corn hole, sidewalk chalk, ride on kids John Deere, etc, but now it is threatening to storm all day.

Trying to come up with ways to entertain everyone if we get rained out. Luckily we have a large porch (like can set up tables and chairs and still have tons of room) so I can set up the corn hole on that and I can always turn the barn into a petting zoo. Will have to come up with some other ideas.

How is the toe? Are you going to get in some Netflix binging this weekend or something to deal with the down time?

"Well behaved women rarely make history"
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast